Pineknot Rally 2019 Grapeland, TX

Cslcs25

Registration is now open for the Pineknot Rally to be held October 23-27, 2019 at Salmon Lake Park in Grapeland, Texas. The campground has an old western town theme.

The tentative rally agenda will include morning coffee, griddle and Dutch oven cooking demonstrations, trailer maintenance discussion, panel discussion on boondocking (dry camping), swap meet, potluck (Thursday evening), Ladies Tea* (Friday noonish), dessert night (Friday), trailer open house (Saturday), catered BBQ dinner and door prize drawing (Saturday evening). Door prizes this year will include a WeberQ Grill, Blackstone Griddle and other prizes.  We will email the official agenda with additional details to all registrants in early October.

For additional details and to register go to http://www.mfrvg.com/pineknot .

For those of you that are unfamiliar with this rally, it is for molded fiberglass trailers.  Last year there were about 90 trailers...Casitas, Escapes, Bigfoot, Olivers, Scamps, and others.  Consider joining us for a great gathering.

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

I've been to this rally several times and found the folks to be welcoming and just plain great.  Alas, I cannot be there this year because I'll be in Canada, but would encourage any Ollie owners to go and meet other molded fiberglass trailer owners.  Look at how great their 20 and 30+ year old trailers can look, learn the fine art of Dutch oven cooking, make new forever friends, and just relax and have a great time.  You can't go wrong.  Sign up!

Over the last 11 years, I've learned the fiberglass owner community is a family.  It is wonderful to meet friends, catch up on their lives, and share your recent adventures.

Go . . . enjoy . . .

• Thanks 3

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I've been the last two years, very nice rally with mostly Casita's, but this year our old Casita has a new fiberglass cover installed, that now looks like an Oliver. Nicely located in Grapeland, Texas, about 20 miles from Palestine, Texas and the closest Walmart. Like someone said, all are welcome and bring your trailer whatever it is, I 've even seen an Airstream, or two.

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

We’ll give this some consideration. We are leaving the end of August for our fall adventure. We should be back by the middle of October.

Hope to see you there!  Btw...Dave and I live in San Antonio.  But used to live off I-10 just across from Fair Oaks.  Let us know if you have any questions about the rally.

Linda (and husband Dave)

Pineknot Rally Hosts

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Hope to see you there! Btw…Dave and I live in San Antonio. But used to live off I-10 just across from Fair Oaks. Let us know if you have any questions about the rally.

Linda (and husband Dave)

Pineknot Rally Hosts

Small world!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Sounds like fun, but we can't make it. It would be useful if rally threads would include a map showing the location, I had no clue where this is. Texas is fairly big....

Salmon-Lake-Park.thumb.png.4479872c75c309459a4236318acafe26.png

How are the nearby National Forests for dispersed camping and recreation?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Pineknot Rocks! It's such an eclectic, funky place with so much history, The Roost featured a follow-up rally digest of the event in an article last year.

The Roost - December 2018 Events

Tons of fiberglass trailers and fun. The more you explore the property, the more you discover and dig it.

RV Compass: Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts