Propane Hose Snag

The male end of our Propane hose will not lock into the female receiver on the Oliver.

It seems that the 'springed rings' (terminology?) that one pulls back to insert the male end does not pull back far enough, leaving the ball bearings only partially retracted.

Close inspection shows that the 'springed rings' are hitting the Oliver's frame before they're fully pulled back.

Or am I missing some obvious point?

The female coupler for the propane quick connect has a lever that must be open for the male adapter to fit in, and must be closed for the male adapter to fully seat in position.

I learned this the hard way on my first camping trip following pickup when I could not get the BBQ grill lit. I ended up disassembling and re-assembling the BBQ before I figured out the lever on the quick connect.

Hope this solves the problem.

71LmU93V-SL._SL1500_.thumb.jpg.d7ab701cd6ad74fcae91991164bf8cf1.jpg

• Thanks 2

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators

My Ollie requires a type 250 male quick connect fitting on the accessory hose in order to plug into the type 250 female quick connect fitting mounted on the tongue.  For my hose, it does not matter if the gas shutoff lever on the female fitting is on or off.  I slide the locking collar toward the inside of the trailer, plug in the hose and slide the collar back toward the outside.

Look for a type 250 or 1/4” male quick connect fitting.

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

I’m not sure what you are talking about with “ locking collar and springed rings”.

edit:  I re-read your original post and now understand you reference to springed rings and locking collar, sorry.

I do believe the problem is the hose you bought has a 3/8” male quick connect fitting and the Oliver comes with 1/4” female quick connect fittings.

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”