Green Eggs and Ham X – March 11-15, 2020

Hidalga

Learn all about this 10-Year Anniversary Rally at:

http://www.rvcompass.com/GEHrally/

Registration Update

In Mid-September, we’re planning to open registration for a milestone rally, the 10-year anniversary of Green Eggs and Ham!

Taking place in a new Alabama campground location From March 11-15, 2020, we’re prepping for the largest gathering ever.

Spend a week next March to get your green on with other leprechauns in the woods along an active Alabama waterfront, the Aliceville Lake/Tombigbee River in the Pickensville COE Campground.

Initially a Casita/molded fiberglass trailer gathering, Green Eggs and Ham has grown to be one of the largest annual southeast rallies that welcomes all Egg brands…as well as other campers. Just bring your green! (and a few Dr. Seuss books if you’d like).

We found a

posted by a tent camper, Frazier Douglass, who stayed at the Pickensville Campground. If you haven't been to this campground yet, the video gives you an idea of the campground setting and of the barge and vessel activity along the Tombigbee River.

RV Compass: Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts

• 1 month later...

RV Compass no longer managing GE&H

RV Compass was set to release a reservation form for Green Eggs and Ham next week when recreation.gov shuts the Pickensville campground's site down for the winter. The system was set up to have individual sites assigned for the rally.

We were initially informed that Pickensville wouldn't have their reservation system open for next year right now, but apparently they do and this has proven to be a SNAFU for us, as some individuals jumped the gun.

Some people have bypassed instructions for reservations and already taken the prime sites near the event pavilion. These sites were going to first be offered to the event leads, because they're the volunteers who need to be close to the pavilion for their supplies and managing their events.

RV Compass is no longer managing the 2020 Green Eggs and Ham due to the current lack of control for sites, and some people’s inability to wait for a collaborative registration system. Please refer to www.casitaforum.com as far as how the rally will be directed from here.

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts

• Moderators

Hidalga, I'm sorry to hear that news.

When you have time, would you post the info here. I'm guessing you need to be a member to read most posts on the casitaforum. This is what I get when I click on the Green Eggs and Ham thread:

Screenshot_20190911-140712_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8c239ed5a8beb6dc6b2878e3e7a0786e.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hey SeaDawg,

WOW! Oliver posts HUGE images. Sorry to hear you don't have access to the posts. I thought it was public.

I'll post the most informative screenshot thus far, but I'm sure the chatter will continue. It was like kicking an ant mound. Essentially, it sounds as if people who still want to gather at that time of of the year are choosing between 1 of three Alabama COE sites that hosted GE&H throughout the years, without any official leadership. I'll eventually update the rally's Website, but I have the OBX rally as my focus right now, and I need to give GE&H some time to regroup as it may.

Screen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-8_53.31-PM.thumb.png.77a105782524be05239c4d7e4d3396e6.png

• Thanks 1