Advice for a Wannabee

• Moderator+

Wannbee,

I've never personally owned a Casita, so I can't speak with any history there. I've seen several at various rallys and have had opportunities to compare them with our . If you've studied the web site then you probably know all the differences, the twin hull, available options, etc. We absolutely love ours. The folks at the factory set the standard for customer service. By all means, go to the factory. If that doesn't sell you, nothing will. We went 5 times. We live in Tupelo so it was not too far to drive in a day. If you would like any other info or would like to see ours, let me know.

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Wannabee,

Welcome to the forum, Wannabee!

The factory tour is the quickest and most complete way to see all the differences between your present trailer and the Oliver, because you can see everything from the ground up... aluminum frame, how the hulls go together, the quality glasswork and gelcoat, innovative ideas, etc... I'm glad you're so close and able to drive down in 30 minutes. It was a long trip for us, but well worth the drive!

We spent most of the spring and summer this year in our Oliver, towing it about 17,000 miles. We prefer camping in state parks, national forests, and army corps parks, and found the Oliver well-suited to our style, with relatively large storage and tankage for its small size. We had so much fun, we're planning a longer trip next year. We love our Oliver.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I campared everything I could find online about Casitas and Olivers. I will admit I saw and Oliver in person first and when I had a chance to look at a Casita it didn't take me but five minutes to make the Oliver choice. Big things in my opinion are the capacities of all the takes, space for two large batteries, all the marine grade hardware, double skin, double pained windows. Nothing hanging out of the bottome of the trailer. I could go, it's just a great camper I expect to have for a very long time.

Welcome Wannabe!

I've had two Casitas, both a Spirit and a Liberty. Both were great trailers but last year, while in Quartzsite, AZ, there were two Olivers on display. Love at first sight! They had eliminated all my complaints about the Casita: blinds, hokey TV set up, drafts from windows, battery, shower handle, and P trap. The hardest decision was which options to get. Customer service is superb and fellow owners extremely supportative.

I think you will enjoy an Oliver because can really appreciate it's fine quality. Any questios, do not hesitate to ask.

Regards, Chuck 8-)