Awing Adjustment

Just wondering if there is anyway to adjust our Dometic non-powered awing, the far end opposite the door is about 6" lower then the door end when extended. I see there are several screws in the arm assemblies, I know some are mounting screws, but what about those set screws I see recessed in the arm actuator, what do they do. Just wanting to know how to raise the lower end of the awing. Do many of you out there used Painters Poles on your awing, I would rather not fool with that, but if that's what is needed I might give it a shot down the lime.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

We have hull 485, and with the manual awning extended, it is pretty level side to side. We certainly do not have a six inch drop. Our first trip out, we had some light rain that pooled on the awning which was worrisome, so I kept pushing up on it to dump some water. I emailed Oliver and they mentioned the side away from the door would drop and dump water once it had enough to pour out. I really need to test this before we head out next week...

Our awning rolls up even and stores tight. Sorry, I haven't tried to adjust the awning yet so can not help there, but thought it was interesting that on your Ollie one end of the awning was lower.

Kim and Travis, Charlotte NC

2019 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed

2018 LR Discovery 

• Moderators

We have an older awning. We always drop one side at least six inches, especially in a rain event. Gather and place a few small rocks/ large gravel in the rain runoff path at the low end, to keep the splashback down.

If it's really windy,or lightning, we roll up the awning and move inside.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.