EZE Gutters purchase

Jitters

I was going to buy a 25ft roll of this on Amazon but with shipping it comes to almost $64.  I can get a 50ft roll at camping world for not much more.  I think their advertised price is $85 but it will be less with their club discount.  I'll know the exact price later this evening.  If anyone would like to split a roll (25ft should be enough) let me know.

• Thanks 1

Greg

USN Retired

ARS AB7R

• Moderators

Greg, they have two different whites. We found the bright white to be a really nice look.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Yes, it was called ultra white. I found my post from years ago. The other color was "white", back in the day.

Hopefully, ultra white is still the bright white that matches our gelcoat very closely.

The other white was kind of a pale greige.

Sherry

Screenshot_20190812-173226_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1be60591f99c7eff57e1cf958d6504ec.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Last week I received my eze gutter order from Amazon. Two 10’ rolls @ $27 each. Polar white. I installed these a few years ago on a hot spring day which was followed by a norther that night with temps going from the 80s to 30s. My ends curled up. With temps in the 100s the next week I’m hoping that won’t happen again. I’ve had them unrolled in the hot garage for a week to ensure they will be nice and pliable. Ensuring they go on a clean surface is key. Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Last week I received my eze gutter order from Amazon. Two 10’ rolls @ $27 each. Polar white. I installed these a few years ago on a hot spring day which was followed by a norther that night with temps going from the 80s to 30s. My ends curled up. With temps in the 100s the next week I’m hoping that won’t happen again. I’ve had them unrolled in the hot garage for a week to ensure they will be nice and pliable. Ensuring they go on a clean surface is key. Mike

Did you just use alcohol to prep the surface or mineral spirits?

Greg

USN Retired

ARS AB7R

I just placed the order for 50ft ultra white.  If anyone would like half,  the cost would only be $50 shipped.  A few dollars less if I can fit it in a smaller flat rate package.  I should have it in about 5-7 days.

Greg

USN Retired

ARS AB7R

• Moderators

Did you just use alcohol to prep the surface or mineral spirits?

Alcohol. Followed the instructions. The issue was the sudden, large temperature drop combined with the material being stored for a while in the tight shipping coil. I should have unwrapped and let them normalize. The ones I got last week have been straightening in the hot garage and have lost their shipping bend.

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Thanks all for the EZE gutters tips.

I am not sure what advantage there is to extending the gutters vertical down each side of the window. Would it not be better to just extend the horizontal gutter (top of the window) perhaps 2" beyond the vertical edge of the window and put a gentle downward curve at each end? That way the runoff from the gutters would be directed away from the window and would sheet flow with the runoff coming from the top of the trailer. That would also eliminate the tight curve at the top of the windows which seems to be problematic for good adhesion. Its supposed to be in the 90's in MD this coming week so I will give it a try.

Just my 2 cents!

2019 Legacy Elite #431;  2019. TV 2019 GMC Canyon Denali, crew cab, 4X4, Long bed, Duramax Diesel.

• Moderators

Newshoes -

Other than how the finished product looks, you're right - functionally there would not be hardly any difference. Even with allowing this product to "normalize" it still resists the 90 degree bend around the windows. After a couple of years with no problems, mine too came loose at the ends on a couple of windows - note that the 3M tape didn't become un-stuck from the Oliver but actually lost its grip on the gutter itself. To fix this problem I simply got a product called "E-6000" ( avaiable at WalMart ). I removed the 3M tape from the part no longer sticking, applied a thin layer of E-6000, held it place with painters tape for 24 hours and have not had a problem since. Good luck.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Here's a link to a 5 year old thread about eze gutters. Maybe that will help.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/eze-rv-gutters/

I'm sure there are others who have installed them more recently.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

SG... -

The "secret" is in the prep.  Clean, clean and then clean again.  Install on a hot day allowing the gutter material to really "relax" in the sun.  Then where the instructions tell you to apply pressure with a toothbrush handle after you have put it in place - really do this.

The main part of mine has performed without a problem for the past 4 years.  A couple of the ends have become un-stuck and as per the post above I've repaired those with a product called "E-6000".  I'm still very happy with how these gutters perform and look.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"