Forums And 404 Errors

JWalmsley

• Administrators

We're aware some people including us that are having 404 errors and after much research I can say that it is a bug on the forums software side. We're working hard to get this resolved ASAP. A solution for you that does work is to refresh the page and let the page reload. This is not permanent but a temporary solution until the we, the forum developers and our web host have resolved this bug.

Thank you!

• Thanks 5

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

• 2 weeks later...

Over half of my clicked links end up with 404 errors but I also find this forum to be excruciatingly slow given that my internet speed is very fast. I don't have slow issues on other websites or forums.

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

Routlaw -

As mentioned above, Jason is working with the Forum's software provider to correct this "404" problem that we are all having.  Given that it is fairly certain that this is a software problem, it may take a bit of time to track down the exact cause.  It is possible that the search for this cause could be the reason you are seeing a bit slower speed.  Sorry for the issues, but, knowing Jason, he is working as fast as he can to get things back on track.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The 404 Error problem has only happened a few times with me and I've been on the forum a lot since we got our Oliver in July. I just click out of the post and them click back in and in 90% of the time the Error did not come back and I was able to read the post.

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Over half of my clicked links end up with 404 errors but I also find this forum to be excruciatingly slow given that my internet speed is very fast. I don’t have slow issues on other websites or forums.

Historically it has always been very slow, sometimes so slow that the page simply stalls out. The last year or so seems to have been better, a little. There does not seem to be any impetus to correct this speed issue so we are living with it.

Right now I am not getting any New Reply or Unread flags. I assume they will return when the forum is re-stabilized... plus I haven’t had a PM in a long time, maybe nobody wants to chat with me any more or that is busted too... would somebody please send me a PM?

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

John, no PM, yet anyway but I just did post the Suburban furnace repair and maintenance situation you had requested. I hope its at least a bit more clear than mud and helpful for anyone who decides to undertake this.

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

Interesting - This morning I said to myself that there seemed to be fewer 404 and as a matter of fact, I've not had one 404 today.

Regarding the PM issue - I've received over a half dozen PM's in the past 24 hours.

Strange on both fronts but I'll send a message to Jason letting him know of your experience.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 1 month later...

Lots and LOTS of 404 messages, it is very frustrating. The speed seems OK, when it actually loads a page. It is ironic- I searched for "404" to find this thread, clicked the link and got a 404 message for it. LOL. At least it is consistent.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.