New SPORT model ?

mountainborn

• Moderators

Did I really hear what I thought I did ? The phone converastion went like this. "Hold on while I check to see if your part came in yet" CLICK, then instead of silence while on hold, I hear rustling papers, then footsteps. Then the hollow sound of an empty office. Two voices start to become louder as they approach, maybe coming down the hall way ? One voice is saying, "do you really think the new sport modle will be priced at just over 20K ?" The other voice replies. "maybe even in the low 20's ! "

A door slams and voices greet each other, then the phone picks up, and I hear, "yeh, it came in, want me to ship it to you ?"

Kind of stunned at what I had just heard, I reply somewhat lamely, "Yeh, please". Then get off of the line.

I guess my question is this:

Did I just overhear a conversation about a new Oliver modle ? Or were the voices discussing compact sports sedans ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Agreed. I'm excited about this expansion in the Oliver product line. Many people who have looked at our Oliver were very impressed with the quality construction, double hulls, aluminum frame, enclosed tanks, etc., but didn't really want or need all the bells and whistles on the Classic or Elite.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I am fairly certain that the Sport model will be a 17'. It wouldn't surprise me if they have a similar configuration in the 21' model as well, but that would be complete speculation on my part. I'm anxious to see what comes of the larger model in general - first one should be off the line by the end of the year.

- Cherie

You heard right!! We are in the process of the new "Sport" 17" Oliver, and we should have the first one at Quartzsite, Az in January. We are very excited about this. It will be perfect for people that want an Oliver for hunting, fishing, or............ and want the quality of the Oliver, with less options on it. Of course any of the options offered on the other models will be offered on the "Sport" model.

Evon

The Sport, to the best of my understanding, will be a fairly basic stripped down model - leaving off a lot of the options. Same structures - just less of the whizbang features.

- Cherie

I think that's what the Oliver Legacy Classic is. It has no frills whatsoever that I can think of, unless you add on some options.

The Classic, as it's currently configured, has *lots* of thrills (called 'options').. such as the entertainment center, convection oven microwave, double pane windows, bathroom bar/hook, retractable cord, additional 12v battery, etc.

For a complete listing of the current features of the Classic - http://olivertraveltrailers.com/legacy_ ... tures.html

I would imagine that the Sport being considered would not include these sorts of things.

- Cherie

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Got a photo from Robert of the new frame for the Oliver 17 Sport model:

SportFrame173.jpg

He's out of town this weekend for family Christmas, so I'll have more details later when he's back in the office. There's a lot of activity at the factory, working on both the Sport and the 22.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Got a photo from Robert of the new frame for the Oliver 17 Sport model:

SportFrame173.jpg

He's out of town this weekend for family Christmas, so I'll have more details later when he's back in the office. There's a lot of activity at the factory, working on both the Sport and the 22.

Sherry

I can see they are keeping costs down by making the frame out of steel rather than aluminum. Probably a good move on their part.

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

...and no bulldog hitch or telescoping tongue. Looks like the SPORT loses more than just a few options, but there's probably a larger market for a trailer in this price range. It's definitely a smart move on Oliver's part, and I'm excited to see the product line expand.

Herm