LED Awing lights install

Trainman

I installed the LED awing lights the other day, I used the aluminum holders that are sold on Amazon along with a LED Kit they sell. I put it all up with double sticky tape and no drilling was used, since the lights are mounted to the awning part that extends out when opening, I will just plug in the light controller and 12v converter and Velcro them to the awning arms when I use the lights, as there is no room on the arms to permanently affix them when arms close and fold up.  At this time I do not want to drill any holes in the trailer for running wires, maybe at a later date I will do that, but see no reason at this time. The aluminum holders are done very nice and have a plastic light cover that gives the lights when lit a mat look, comes with all the trim ends and mounting hardware, no double sticky tape is included. You do get enough aluminum strips to do two awnings, so you have extra to do something else if wanted. Install time was around two hours, most of that time was thinking about what I was going to do and how.

trainman

DSCN3872.thumb.jpg.767d03fc5f7888c011df83c70cef7e2a.jpg

DSCN3873.thumb.jpg.b9544b1c3f3d94aba24281b946d30a43.jpg

DSCN3874.thumb.jpg.f6e61e854fdf26958dce472300dbdea7.jpg

• Thanks 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

I really like this better than what have. I might need to order one of those tracks. Where do you plan to plug in the lights?  We had Oliver put in a set of exterior 12v plugs and they’ve been very useful - it seems like an easy modification if you ever decide to pull out the drill.

For the time being I will just lay the LED controller and 12V power supply along inside the awing cover when we use the lights and then run the wire along the awing arms and down the side of the trailer and plug into the 120v outside plug. This is not my preferred way of doing it, but for the time being it will work as we will only be using the lights when we are camping in one place and not setting up everyday and have to take the wires up and down. If I wanted a permanent way of doing it I would just run the 12V wires from the lights along the awning arms and put a small hole in the fiberglass by the light switch inside panel by the door and power them from there. This way the lights could be used anytime with the awning in, or out. One other idea is to purchase a 12V battery power source with a charger and just Velcro the battery behind the the LED's and power the lights that way, no wires, no drilling,  just recharge when needed, will probably go this way after I find out if I'm happy with the lights. This might be the best way yet for me,  https://www.amazon.com/TalentCell-Rechargeable-12000mAh-Multi-led-indicator/dp/B00ME3ZH7C/ref=sr_1_7?crid=2IQFDY04UVSFU&keywords=12v+battery+pack+with+charger&qid=1566069641&s=gateway&sprefix=12v+battery+pack+with+charger%2Caps%2C164&sr=8-7

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.