I have seen several mentions of "Rejex" for trucks/car/Ollies. I went to Amazon to buy some... Ah, WHICH Rejex?

There appears to be at least 4 types. I think the Corrosion version does not compute, but which one to put on my truck and future Olliver??

Thanks,

Bill

theOrca,  2020 Legacy Elite II, Twin, Hull 615

Tow Vehicle - 2016 Ram 1500, Hemi, 8 Speed with 1500# rear springs and Goodyear bags.

My experience with Rejex was that it caused black streaks on both my trailer and truck. And it actually beaded less than bare fiberglass or paint.

That aside, having used both the rejex and dura gloss, I can say that the dura gloss goes on easier and so far is still going strong after waxing last spring.

• Thanks 1

I have used this stuff for a couple of years with zero issues.

413BBCC7-2257-4C62-B76C-CCADBBF16946.thumb.png.56c778b483faeeff7b23f78bfa51c4a1.png

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006V0LNY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I don’t understand the black streaks, I have never had anything but stellar shine. It is very important to follow the directions, maybe that can cause problems. Strip any existing wax by washing with Dawn dish detergent. Follow up with a wipe down with a good paint prep product, I use the 3M Adhesive Cleaner, which is standard for many body shops. This lets you get off the tar, bugs, sap or other glop that is bonded to the gelcoat. Once it is “baby bottom smooth” apply the Rejex in the shade, buff it out and let it sit in the shade overnight.

It’s a lot of work but the results are jaw dropping and it stays looking nice for a very long time. Bugs come off easily, diesel soot stains (on an older TV) wipe off, most of the road road dirt rinses under just high pressure water at a quarter car wash, no soap needed when your are on the road and want it to look reasonably clean. I use it on every car and truck, my canoe and my Ollie.i am not going back to any other product, no way.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Overland:

WHICH Rejex did you use???

This is the bottle I bought -

C125684D-C430-4838-BDFA-6D4879BA585A.thumb.jpeg.fdd396ed4bc1f7f1307f3c34b0b71a8b.jpeg

And here are the streaks and the weirdness with it holding onto water (rejex @ top and bare fiberglass below) -

IMG_2913.thumb.jpg.f9827e50c16f468c460a872d88bc1188.jpg

IMG_2945.thumb.jpg.f161f78351afed6ba28589638b8e63fd.jpg

Maybe I got a bad bottle, maybe it needs to be applied under laboratory conditions, maybe it's snake oil.  One of those three is true, and IMO it doesn't matter at all which one.  There are dozens of other high quality and well recommended waxes out there that don't require a roll of the dice.  I had really good luck with the Dura Gloss after I got burned with the rejex, but others have highly recommended the 3M marine waxes, as well as others.  The last thing you want to do after spending two days waxing your trailer is to spend two more doing it again.

I still haven't gotten around to rewaxing my truck, and it still gets black streaks every time it rains.

• Thanks 1

I have good experience with Rejex.  Being a lazy sort, only applied Rejex to the front of Ollie and the hood of my TV just before the FL love bug season (for those that have not experienced love bug season on the interstate, you are fortunate).  Worked great - the millions and zillions of love bug splats came off pretty easy.  However, with the cautionary experiences of others, I may try Dura Gloss next time and do the entire Ollie.  Someone posted a discussion of a Dura Gloss mixture for the inside of the Ollie, and it works great!  Use 4 parts Duragloss 923 Fast Clean & Shine mixed with 1 part Duragloss 952 Aquawax in a spay bottle, spray interior including mirrors, and wipe with microfiber cloth.  Spectacular results!

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

My experiences with Rejex have been - ok, to - good - - I have applied it twice,  - the beading and appearance were good- and it lasted several months and 8k miles across the western US.  However, it is harder than most to apply, and I don't believe it is all that much, if any, superior to the Maguire's I used previously. I will try something else on the next wax application.

The black streaking many have mentioned seems to happen regardless of what wax I have used.

RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

I too used Rejex for the first two years I owned my Oliver.  But, then I was introduced to the Duragloss line of products.  Duragloss was/is easy to use and produces results that are at least as good as Rejex AND Duragloss is easier to use.  Normally when I find a new product I will simply use up the old stuff so as to not waste it.  However, Duragloss was so much better that I simply gave away the Rejex that I had left.

The Norton's showed me that mixing 4 parts of Duragloss detailer with one part Duragloss liquid wax did a great job on the interior - it really is a spray and wipe deal.  This mixture cleans and shines EVERYTHING including the glass with no streaks or film.  This mix can also be used on the exterior for bugs and touch-up between wax jobs.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

So that's where the half bottle of REJEX I found in our camp site at the Rally came from??.  And I thought it was the Norton's that we’re spreading gospel about Duragloss.

One of us is losing it and I haven’t spent the last 2 months casting flies in Mountian streams for large mouth bass bait.

Mike Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”