Universal remote for TV, Stereo and Maxx fan

ScentFreeInSC

Has anyone found a universal remote that will work for all three of these items to reduce the clutter of several remotes?   I am pretty sure a harmony will work for the TV and Stereo but I can't determine what type of remote the MAXXfan is IR or RF?  We don't pick ours up for another 2 weeks, so I dont have one in hand to test.

Thanks for any suggestions

LEII Hull #517    |   Lincoln Navigator Reserve with Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package and owner installed OEM rear "splash guards" (aka mud flaps)  - "The Beast"

visited-united-states-map.jpg

• Moderators

The maxxfan remote is line of sight, IR. Whether it would work with a harmony or not, I don't know, as we don't have that sophistication level in our fan. It's get out of bed, manual only adjustment. Our trailer was built in 2008. ? Our FanTastic fan will shut on and off, based on a temp scale, and close when it rains, based on a sensor, which was pretty advanced back in the day...

We do have a Harmony remote at home. Pretty sure it's IR, also. But we just use it for tv, stereo, etc in the family room.

Good idea about universal remote. Let us know if you decide to try, and how it works for you.

Sherry

Screenshot_20190828-170429_Chrome.thumb.jpg.797045c4b3de4aadddf4b0fcddea7161.jpg

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Have you been able to try a Harmony?

I'm curious.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I tried our harmony remote works fine, I think the radio could work ok with a lot of programming but the maxfan was a no go. even though I was able to use the learning function of the harmony it would not control the fan.  I might try again as at least on key did seem to do something it just wasn't what I programed it to do and most of the learned actions did nothing.  so for now I will keep the three remotes

• Thanks 1

LEII Hull #517    |   Lincoln Navigator Reserve with Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package and owner installed OEM rear "splash guards" (aka mud flaps)  - "The Beast"

visited-united-states-map.jpg