Water from drainage tube and ducts.

Muppy

Hey friends.

First time hooking up water.

So of course, I forgot to open the drain in the shower floor.

So I am wondering if what I am about to write could have something to do with the water from the sink not being able to go down the drain.

I am praying it is.

It is city water, have a 40-50 psi regulator at house outdoor faucet.

I have water drip drainage at all drains on the door side of the Oliver.

The metal weep hole drains as well as the white drainage tube under the refrigerator.

What the heck. I just picked this up last Sunday. First setting up this weekend, because on top of this we have just accepted a offer on our home last Saturday.

I am not feeling all warm and fuzzy right now and a little discouraged.

What ...probably a leak? What do you think.

Muppy ( John & Cheryl)

2D9663AC-2296-4E26-AA3B-87EA4745416D.thumb.jpeg.1947ab1d117a01ed696008fc4415b1d0.jpeg

59555CB1-3DBB-46DF-ACE3-6A88441C1A41.thumb.jpeg.49b548df065d0b8dd802ffd339601e5b.jpeg

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”! 

Muppy, it's hard to say, because you've got a bunch of things going on at once. It does seem like there would be something simple to connect them all, but no idea offhand what that might be. So forgive what might seem some obvious questions -

One clue is that you say there's water coming out of the overflow drain by the fridge. Are you certain that you have the water connected to the City Water port (which goes directly to your plumbing) and not the Fresh Water port (which fills the fresh tank)?

When you say that you forgot to open the shower drain, does that mean that you've run water into the shower and the pan started to fill? If so, did it overflow over the curb where the toilet sits or into the cabin? That would be the easiest answer to all your troubles - since water can get under the toilet and from there could find multiple paths to the hull drains.

If the shower drain isn't opened, the bath sink is also shut off, so I'm going to assume for now that's what the problem is there.

Have you looked around in any of the access panels with a flashlight to look for a leak?

• Thanks 1

Muppy, I would guess you do have a leak in a water line, time to remove panels and investigate, the good news is pex plumbing is pretty easy to repair, depending on where your leak is, that and with an Oliver at least there’s no wood to rot when leaks do eventually happen. The shower drain valve was doing what it’s supposed to do if it was closed and the water from the sink or shower wasn’t draining, it’s actually a back flow preventer to keep water from your gray tank from backing up into your shower when you’re underway. The refrigerator shouldn’t have anything to do with it.

Good luck,

Steve

• Thanks 1

STEVEnBETTY

Hi Overland,

yes, the hose is hooked up to the right sided inlet marked city .

what happened was, I opened all of the faucets, then went and turned the water on at the house on slowly ,not fast, but not at a snails pace either.

I then walked to the Oliver to go in and watch for all of the air to get out of the lines, while husband watched the water connection on the Oliver. When I went to the bathroom, I saw some water going into the shower pan...so I quickly opened the shut off at the shower pan and the water went down. At no time did it overflow.

When all of the air went out of the lines, I shut the faucets off,kitchen and bath ( we have a compost toilet),went outside to start the water heater and noticed the water dripping out of the 3 places in the pictures above. Yes there is water coming out of the white tube under the refrigerator, not just the metal weep holes( front and back) on the door side. None on the dinette side is leaking.

I went ahead and did my cleaning inside...nothing gets cleaner than a mad woman cleaning!!! In the meantime it was still, drip,drip,drip, from all locations mentioned. Water heater worked fine....that is a good thing or I would have lost it entirely!

we looked under the dinette...no leaks. We looked under the seat on drivers side REAR at the U TABLE...no leaks.

Any suggestions?

thank you,

Muppy (Cheryl)

New Hampshire residents.

2016 Chevy Silverado 1500, Crew Cab, LTZ/short box, 5.3L Ecotec3 V8 w/ tow/haul mode /20 inch wheels

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

8/25/2019, we purchased the previously owned “2017 Oliver Elite ll  Hull #170, Standard King Bed, Solar package, Nature’s Head Composting Toilet and all the extras”! 

Hi StevenBet,

Thank You for your answer. Please see my response to Overland.

it will save some typing, lol

Muppy (Cheryl & John)

New Hampshire residents.

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

John and Cheryl:

Welcome to the best source of info on the planet for Oliver Trailers!

A follow-up to the drain lines and water system.

Some of us owners simply don't use the high pressure water system as a supply to our trailers. Pressure surges from the city water main or well pump can be an issue. Instead, we fill our Oliver fresh water tank and use the pump to provide water for our needs.

When filling the fresh water tank, you want to monitor the tank fill level. Flow water at a reasonably fast rate until reaching a level such as 75% full. Then significantly slow down the water flow rate until you reach something such as 90% full. Then slow it down further until you see water coming from the tank overflow tube located at the refrigerator area (To the rear of the entry steps). When you see overflow there, shut off the water from the city/well. This process minimizes the potential for water system problems.

It would be good to know the following: How fast is the water leaking out of the trailer weeps? Have you tried to disconnect from the city/well pump and see if the leak stops. If you fill the fresh water tank, does the leak return? Does it return just sitting there or does it return when using the pump?

Geronimo John

• Thanks 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

O.K., so it does sound like a leak then. If you've checked all the access panels and can't see any obvious leaks, then I think the next step is to pull the kitchen drawers out. There are two plywood panels on the back side of the cabinet that can be removed to inspect the lines to the kitchen sink.

I'd also suggest on the dinette seat closest to the bath, really stick your head in there and look around. There's a 'curb' in the outside hull under the front of the trailer, and if the bathroom plumbing is leaking, you might be able to see it dripping down that curb.

I would suspect that it's something in the bath, since there's water dripping from the drain to the front of the door. I may be mistaken, but I don't think that water from any other part of the trailer can make its way over there, due to the inset in the hull for the steps.

• Thanks 1

We looked under the seat on drivers side REAR at the U TABLE…no leaks.

Be sure to check the curb side as well, since that's where most of the plumbing connections are.

One way to verify a leak is to add water to the fresh tank and turn on the water pump. If it runs continuously or starts and stops, then you know you have a leak, and also how bad, depending on how much the pump runs.

Also, the hull drains (weeps) have screens and usually a layer of dust and debris over those, so if you get water in the hull it will often pool and then slowly drip out of the weeps.

• Thanks 1

Muppy

Sorry to hear of your problems. For the drain value being closed in the shower I’ve done it and i think it has happen to everyone at one time. You connected to city water got all the air out of the lines, then saw water dripping outside. One thing to check which is happening a lot, check the level of your fresh water tank. If it is full and you didn’t fill it your city water is bypassing the water pump filling your fresh tank overfilling and leaking outside or it is a leak in the system one of the connection may have failed or wasn’t installed properly read Hobos water related problems it may or may not help. Good luck i know your frustration.

• Thanks 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

Welcome to the Oliver family.

Sorry to hear your first experience was not as expected. Overland and others have given you some good advice, a good thorough step by step problem solving process is in order.

I would do as Overland suggested, test the supply system first - put some water in the tank and see if it holds pressure - if it does- then you know where to look next, use the city water connection, if it holds pressure, great, if it doesn't, find the problem and repair.

It is possible your water system is not the issue, could be a drain system issue. A good flashlight and some compartment sleuthing are in order.

When you overfill the h2o tank, water should flow out the overflow hose, no where else. I use the overflow as my indication the tank is full.

I have no issue with using the city water connections, all SHOULD work fine, I have no need to run my pump when the city water connection is available.

Good luck, let us know what you find

RB

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Was the water under your refrigerator area coming from the fresh water tank overflow or from the refrigerator drain? If coming from the refrigerator drain, was it coming out of the tube or from a gap between the tube and the hull?

79FEDF65-7A94-45F4-98C4-27CEAAE7E215.thumb.jpeg.62e3364bddce02a0497a473a234c6c1d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

I experienced the same thing this year in a new Elite II. This has happened to several new owners recently

In the basement area there is a connector brass fitting that connects the city water to your internal plumbing. It is located under the floor of your basement on the water connection side. You can check this in two different ways. (1) You can take up the floor of the basement to see if it is wet. If so, look for a brass fitting that connects to your outside water receptacle, city water. Look to see if it has a crack in it. (2)If you cannot determine if it has a crack, turn the city water on low, as you watch it.

If this connector is split, it is probably from over tightening at the factory. When the water comes out many of the weep holes in the trailer.

• Thanks 1

Hey All,

I just read all of your responses. We lifted the front of the trailer. We just ran the water pump. No water on-connected to the Oliver. Some water came out, not a lot into the sinks. We have the grey tank open and the hose connected to drain in the driveway, grey tank is empty. The drain holes were pouring water!! When we picked up the Oliver, the fresh water tank gauge was not working. We are thinking the previous owner overfilled the fresh water tank, possibly multiple times, and the bowels are full of water?

We will do all of the suggestions, and get back to you on wed. On here.

Unfortunately, appts are awaiting.

Many thanks for your time friends.

Chat very soon....I want to camp a couple of days at least before winterizing. And campgrounds close Oct 1st at many North East Campgrounds. Or at least the latest,Columbus Day.

Dang it.

Muppy (Cheryl And John)

New Hampshire residents.

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

Townes,

yes, the water was dripping from the refrigerator drain, as well as all weep holes curb side during city inlet hookup. not...the round fresh tank overflow to the left. We tipped the front of the Oliver up and water poured out of all holes(not the fresh water tank overflow though). I think the bowels of the Oliver were full of water. At this point the whole thing is a mystery. Please read my last post to Jason on here.

thanks, Muppy (John And Cheryl)

New Hampshire residents.

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

Jason,

after the fiasco with the city water inlet leakage.

we ran a test today.

We Hooked up the hose with the 40-50psi regulator to the fresh water inlet on the left. Turned on the water, fresh water tank filled fine, no leakage until it came out of the round overfill to the left of the fridge curb side. The fresh water tank gauge does not work .

We shut the hose off immediately when water came out of the overflow of the fresh tank. Turned on the water pump. Opened the kitchen and bathroom faucets.....*** WATER STARTED POURING OUT OF ALL OF THE DRIP HOLES AND DRAINS ON THE CURB SIDE. (NOT THE FRESH TANK OVERFLOW.).

Shut off the water pump and closed faucets....***THE DRIPPING SLOWED AND STOPPED.

We retilted the Oliver front up and water drained from all openings.

UGH!

So we can use no water without it pouring out.

Thanks,

Muppy

New Hampshire residents.

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

• Moderators

Muppy,

I'm really sorry for your issues, but sounds like you have narrowed some possibilities. Here's what I would try.

Since you have a big leak on both city or tank ( with pump), I'd start at the pump area. In our older trailer, we can see all the valves and pump clearly. Can you?

Since you get leaking water from both sources, I'd first look at valves ( check valve, particularly), .

Turn on just the pump. No faucet open. Give it a few minutes. Do you see anything near the pump? Take this slow. Put a paper towel under the connections at the pump. See if it gets spots .

If not , try the sink faucet, only. See if you get any dripping. Wait awhile. Look again near the pump. Also, Open up the area under the sink by pulling out the drawers.

If nothing there, after several mintes, shut off the kitchen faucet. and try the bath faucet.

The good news is, pex lines rarely rupture, even if frozen, by the previous owner. The bad new is, you definitely have a bad leak somewhere. Probably at a valve or visible junction/ connector.

Others may have a better idea. This is just mine. I like to follow the water, one step at a time.

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

SeaDawg,

Thank You. I  guess you and (all ) may have figured out by now , that we both, are not that mechanically inclined!

We will attempt.,

I laid on the floor in the Oliver trying to figure out how to remove the drawers. The rails are underneath the drawer. Please give me a hint on what to press or push to remove? I do not want to personally screw that up too and not be able to put the drawers back correctly after.

The fear is now starting to take us over, LOL.

Thank You,

Muppy (John And Cheryl )

New Hampshire residents.

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

Muppy, SeaDawg's suggestions are really good. To access the pump and the plumbing you do not need to remove the drawers, but lift the curbside access hatch beneath the bed. The pump and valves are right there.

My experience with a plumbing leak, in this thread, may be useful to you.

You would need to remove the drawers if you wanted access to the kitchen sink plumbing, and that is covered in this thread.

• Thanks 4

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

Hey Everyone!

We have success! Holy sheep do..do! This has been like this for a while.

we filled the fresh water tank until it came out of the overflow.

We removed all of the drawers on the left under the sink. (Thank you for the directions)

removed the piece of wood held by four screws...(which by the way were three times the width of the wood in length sticking into the pex area. ) It was soaking , dripping wet and apparently has been for quite some time.

The sinks black drain /elbow WAS COMPLETELY UNDONE, UNSCREWED AND SEPERATED!

it was like it had never been put together.

Everything was soaked, including the electrical outlet under there! (Assuming it is to the fridge.)

Put it back together and tightened it as tight as hand tight can be.

Ran the kitchen faucet with the water pump. NOTHING CAME OUT OF THE DRAINAGE AREAS CURBSIDE!!

Yahoo!!!

(pictures for your enjoyment)

more tests will follow with the city inlet,( COMPLETED CITY INLET TEST AND IT IS A-O.K.) but we believe we found the culprit. (POSITIVE WE DID).?

Thanks All,

Muppy (John And Cheryl)

2CA3C31D-9DFB-4C84-A4B2-889C66872B35.jpeg.3d089709ef7e2625f71c2b57b9d6b2c6.jpeg

CD06DC13-2D7E-4585-B648-9CF028099D75.jpeg.a80085216b7a20421ae44b807b54c719.jpeg

F0E73E03-A2D5-4C61-B08C-D2259C1979B9.jpeg.74ee02c46ad39fcf24de3742e6d4c9c2.jpeg

AA6CF2AC-B17A-4C91-AA86-8616B7E2D248.jpeg.a2a5596f679ca06f1eee672b974bcfb0.jpeg

9AA7F11A-7ED4-4B30-B705-3B3D90D3245B.jpeg.ba2eb34f1ff732aaf1c8ad517fbdf50c.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

New Hampshire residents.

Retirement ( 12-31-2017)  

• Moderators

Awesome! Well, awesome job by you, figuring it all out. That was a real mess in there...

Thanks for letting us know your results.

Muppy, sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, as I had a super busy day. By the time I looked back, Dave S had already given you the link.

Now, hopefully, you'll get to do some camping before the campgrounds shut down for winter!

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.