Water coming out of clam shell drain

hobo

In the process of sanitizing my fresh water tank, I noted a little bit of water coming out of the clam shell just behind the fill port when I was filling the tank. This would tell me there's something leaking along the route of the hose connection and the tank. I however didn't note anything obvious when I inspected from the inside. Anyone got any ideas?? (I only noted this during one filling but I also wasn't looking either.)

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

You didn't try plugging up the overflow port like you were asking about, did you?

It does seem like it might be a leak from that hose - it's the only thing in the line that you can't see from the access panels. I guess also the area right at the connections, but then that would leak on the other side of the trailer.

No,  I didn't plug the overflow as I pondered earlier.  I'll keep an eye on the clam shell next time I fill the fresh water tank.  If it persists, I'll pull the panels on the street side and see if I can see anything leaking on that side when I'm filling the tank.

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Sounds like that's about all you can do. TBH, I'm not sure how you get access to the overflow tube. Can you get to yours through the lower fridge vent on the outside? I don't have that vent, and I don't remember seeing access either when I pulled my fridge or on the cabinet side. I may be pulling out a jigsaw if mine ever comes loose.

There has been a thread regarding a split coupling that will create the leak from the rear street side drain you are describing Hobo. I can not find it on this forum (edit: I found it - see my post below) but I am sure it was on the Facebook page. Look for the post by Tom Cagle on August 12 at 3:38pm on the Facebook Oliver Owners Group.

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

...TBH, I’m not sure how you get access to the overflow tube....I may be pulling out a jigsaw if mine ever comes loose.

My overflow tube clamp was loose. The fellows at the factory added this port

F71ADEC0-4F7F-4B3B-B73D-7641E4145CC4.thumb.jpeg.685dbe42a08912d9e59881c47a8a3178.jpeg

But if I had it to do over I would have cut the hole myself and made it larger. I’ve got some measurements to make the job less scary if you ever need to cut the hole.

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

I may need to get proactive and cut a few holes in the bottom of my cabinets. No need to cover them that I can think of. I’ll consider it a weight saving exercise.

I really want to do the same in the closet. And if I can find a nice, flush hatch, I could see myself adding one in the floor in front of the door.

Hobo

There is one more thing to check since you had some problems. Make sure your fresh tank is empty. Then connect your city water. Monitor the level of the fresh water tank. If the level is rising your water pump bypass valve is stuck causing the city water to fill the tank. And that would be caused by all the plastic you found it the line.

• Thanks 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎