LIZZARD SKIN

• Moderators

bugeyedriver, while cruising through the album of your Oliver being built, I found this photo.

I have heard talk of a new insulation called Lizzard Skin, it wasn't available when we picked up our coach, is this it in the photo ? If so, can you tell us something about it ?

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Hello Mountainborn,

Good eye . . . yes, the dark spray on finish to the inside of my outer shell should be a ceramic insulation product called "LizardSkin". When I met with Jim Oliver, he told me of this great new cutting edge product they could apply to the interior of both fiberglass shells to reduce heat transfer as well as providing sound dampening. LizardSkin is used within the race care industry to stop heat transfer from the super-hot engine compartment from impairing the driver. It can be used in lieu of Thinsulate insulation.

According to the LizardSkin manufacturer, the RV industry could benefit their customers through the use of this product:

"Recreational Vehicle Manufacturers ...

SSpray on LizardSkin® Ceramic Insulation is in the process of changing the way major OEMs insulate motorhomes to dramatically reduce heat and noise. The advantages of LizardSkin® include : easy spray on application, outstanding thermal and noise control properties, light weight, modest installed thickness (about 0.040”), low installed cost, environmentally friendly composition and Class A Fire rating.

In addition, leading RV dealers are beginning to offer LizardSkin® Ceramic Insulation as a dealer-applied option on some new and pre-owned motorhomes. Fast clean up with soap & water helps make applying LizardSkin® Ceramic Insulation a hassle-free experience.

LizardSkin® Ceramic Insulation coating is recommended for application on engine compartment firewalls, floorpans, transmission tunnels, inside engine covers, under roofs and headliners and wherever engine, exhaust or solar heat gain are potential problems. Coating the exterior roof on RV’s is a very effective way to stop solar heat gain."

So the Wonder-Egg's layers, from outside - in will be; Fiberglass / LizardSkin / Dead Airspace / LizardSkin / Fiberglass. With my double paned windows, I should be comfy cozy year round . . . More on this new product can be found at:

http://www.hotrodscustomstuff.com/PS-LizSkin.html

Just one more example of how Oliver Travel Trailers is willing to think outside of the box to give us the finest trailer imaginable!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg