Hull 519 left the nest

JaquelynK

• Moderators

Congratulations, and have fun.

Staying near the factory tonight?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Jaque,

You can do this. It was a learning curve for all of us. Here, on the forum, you have a huge support group that will assist you in any way it can. Take it slow at first, slowly master the fundamentals, and then blast off to JOY!

Pete

• Thanks 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Congratulations from 517! From a distance we're practically twins with the decal colors...we chose black and metallic dark blue. We picked up two weeks ago, and were a bit more like 30% terrified, but there were two of us to spread it out between, and we managed to have our freakouts at different times. After a few days, though, we felt pretty good about the whole thing, though still double checking everything we do! I suspect by the time you get back to Idaho, you'll feel like an old hand. My biggest advice is to take your time and just do everything at a speed with which you're comfortable. With any luck, at least, you won't be dealing with the 100+ weather we had.

• Thanks 1

LEII Hull #517    |   Lincoln Navigator Reserve with Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package and owner installed OEM rear "splash guards" (aka mud flaps)  - "The Beast"

visited-united-states-map.jpg

Stayed two nights at David Crockett and flew the cool. All the way in Gallup now. Having some issues with solar charging and the fridge that are probably operator error. Should be at my destination tomorrow and can start learning about my new toy for real and using it as intended.

Jaque

Greetings 517! Sometimes I wish I had a travel partner to share the freak outs. But today I get to Flagstaff for a comping trip with my sister. She had a trailer will help me get sorted out better. So far I have just been driving and driving. The actual camping begins today. Whew! Enjoy your Travels. We chose wisely.

Jaque

• Moderators

Even the driving helps get you more comfortable with the Oliver - its just so plain easy. Unfortunately, since this is your first RV you have nothing to compare it to but take my word on it. In addition, given the double hull construction, not only is the Oliver cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter, it is also quieter. This helps when you have been driving all day and can't find that nice quiet, peaceful place to camp. However, I'm sure that you are looking forward to a bit of time just to settle in.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"