Satellite dish and receiver

KWRJRPE

I am considering purchasing a remote (tripod) satellite dish and receiver for my 2019 Oliver Elite II. When we took delivery April 2019, we assumed the Wineguard Omni-Directional TV antenna picking up local TV stations would be sufficient for our needs. However, with Fall football season upon us, I am missing too many college football games (and some Pro games). In my experience, DirecTV offers more sports coverage than Dish (we have DirecTV at home). My question: Is the 2019 Oliver Elite II "wired" to effortlessly accommodate a satellite dish and receiver hookup to the television (TV)? Has anyone gone through this addition and is this as simple as connecting a coaxial cable from the remote satellite dish to the external access port on the back of the Oliver, connecting the cable in the attic to the receiver, and plugging the HDMI cable from the TV into the receiver? Will I need a splitter switch to toggle back to the Wineguard when not deploying the satellite dish? I am guessing some of you have installed satellite service, please offer guidance. Thank you.

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

• Moderators

KWR -

I do not have a dish for the Oliver but I do know that they are all wired for this type of service. Indeed, this is one of the reasons for the 110 volt, 12 volt and coaxial connections that are in the attic. Unfortunately this is about all I know. I'm sure that a quick call to the guys in Oliver Service could get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We have the Winegard Walk out satellite antenna which requires a specific Dish receiver. I ordered the receiver from Winegard. You won’t need a splitter - just choose either antenna or HDMI from the TV source input. The only difficulty encountered was the coax jacks on the Ollie were mislabeled. Once I figured out that the “cable” and “satellite” inputs were reversed, all worked perfectly.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1