We are studying different routes for our future return trip from Hohenwald, TN. Has anyone taken the following section from Cheyenne, Wyoming to Buffalo, Wyoming using Hwy 25? We are heading in the Spring to Livingston, Montana and then to Yellowstone! We are planning on driving 4 hours a day. This will allow for a more relaxing return home (we have 7-8 days for the return trip). Any suggestions on nice stops either for campgrounds, national parks or other worthwhile areas to visit are greatly appreciated.

Thank you and Safe, Peaceful, and Happy travels to all!

Mirna and PK.

R2W

I’m new here and this is my first post, so I hope you don’t mind if I provide a bit of input to your question before I introduce myself.

I’ve driven HYW 25 between Cheyenne and Buffalo a time or two, although it isn’t the normal route that I take each year between my home in PA and our summer destination along the Yellowstone River south of Livingston, MT. (I don’t recall anything in particular about this section of highway, pro or con).

I do have a number of friends that always stay at the Deer Park Campground in Buffalo whenever they travel to or from the Livingston, MT area every year and most of them consider Buffalo, WY as a comfortable day’s travel from Livingston, MT, but it is more than a 4 hour drive if that’s what you’re planning. I also have a retired dentist friend and his wife that live in Buffalo, and a couple years ago he drove between Livingston and Buffalo every week all summer when he was still working there one day a week.

One of the best RV Parks in SW MT is Yellowstone’s Edge RV Park, 18 miles south of Livingston, MT, which is right on the river, and on HWY 89 South, which goes to Gardiner and Yellowstone National Park. If you’re looking for something more primitive, there a multiple places along the HWY between Livingston and the Park where you could stop with your trailer to spend the night.

John

• Thanks 3