Pesky Water Leak - DougI to the rescue!!!!

• Moderators

I'm here at the Madagorda Madness and see another Oliver pull into the camp . . . its DougI.

Doug set up his site and wandered on over to say hello. He took a look at my City Water hookup with its perpetual drip, drip, drip from behind the fitting and said. "Pete, would you like that to stop dripping?" After an enthusiastic "YES!" Doug pulls out a 1/2 inch Allen Wrench and some Teflon tape and goes to work . . . two minutes later, NO DRIP! Doug is now my new hero!

Here's the simple fix for those others of you who may be plagued by this mysterious and pervasive drip that leaves a puddle underneath your beautiful Oliver.

1 - Insert 1/2 inch Allen wrench into the center of your water fitting.

2 - Rotate counterclockwise and remove from the trailer, to expose the pipe thread on the back.

3 - Apply Teflon tape to the threads.

4- Reinstall centerpiece of water fitting using Allen wrench and snug nicely.

5 - Turn on water and notice the absence of any water leak.

6 - Smile

Thanks, DougI !!!! My new hero!!!!

• Haha 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Thanks for the report Pete. Did Oscar give you my message about taking photos ? I sent him a text message.

Said he would tell you. Oh well a fire plug may have gotten in the way.

• Like 1

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Pete,

Hope all of you have a great time at Matagorda Madness! Wish we could be there, too! Hello to Doug & Geneva for us, and of course, a hug for Oscar.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.