16231 Mile Trip Expense Summary with Hull #381

Ken_Judy

Just a few numbers from our recent completed five month journey of Hull #381 around the country.

Total Mileage 16,231

Gas expense $3720

Propane Expense $59.55

Laundry Expense $114.00

Total Nights 152

Campground Expense 54 paid nights $1252.77

Thousand Trails nights 60

Harvest Host nights 4

Boon dockers Welcome 1

Free nights 33 which include Walmart, Cracker Barrel, Mooch docking, BLM etc.

The most expensive nights were 2@ $115.00 at the Liberty Harbor RV park which is a 5 minute subway ride from central Manhattan. There were a few nights at around $35 but everything else was less than $30 with many out west at $10 or less using Forest service campgrounds and the senior discount. If your trips path looks like it could benefit from a Thousand Trails membership it can really help keep your nightly cost down. Another interesting fact is that though this trip included the entire summer, I only used the generator to run the A/C one day. Selecting the street side awning was really worth it in keeping cool. Of course the solar package while a bit pricey at over 5k really makes boon docking a no brainer. Finally, the Elite 2 tows like a dream behind my E350 Ford van with a 5.4L engine. My MPG was usually high 12’s. It was a great trip and the Oliver really made it nice.

[attachment file=IMG_3638.jpg]

• Moderators

Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Congrats on a successful trip.

Wishing you many more miles of smiles.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Just a few numbers from our recent completed five month journey of Hull #381 around the country.

Total Mileage 16,231

Gas expense $3720

Propane Expense $59.55

Laundry Expense $114.00

Total Nights 152

Campground Expense 54 paid nights $1252.77

Thousand Trails nights 60

Harvest Host nights 4

Boon dockers Welcome 1

Free nights 33 which include Walmart, Cracker Barrel, Mooch docking, BLM etc.

The most expensive nights were 2@ $115.00 at the Liberty Harbor RV park which is a 5 minute subway ride from central Manhattan. There were a few nights at around $35 but everything else was less than $30 with many out west at $10 or less using Forest service campgrounds and the senior discount. If your trip is in an area where you can utilize a Thousand Trails membership it can really help keep your nightly cost down. Another interesting fact is that though this trip included the entire summer, I only used the generator to run the A/C one day. Selecting the street side awning was really worth it in keeping cool. Of course the solar package while a bit pricey at over 5k really makes boon docking a no brainer. Would it be nice to have a few more inches inside the trailer… yes but the outside size is really perfect for traveling and that’s what we bought it for. Finally, the Elite 2 tows like a dream behind my E350 Ford van with a 5.4L engine. My MPG was usually high 12’s. It was a great trip and the Oliver really made it nice.

IMG_3638.thumb.jpg.65338c5e2606287e4bc9fcf345738e2a.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Sounds like a great trip! We’ve also found that being flexible makes long trips fun, combination of free, BLM/COE, Parks, commercial. Sounds like HH was useful. I’ve been thinking about joining, do you recommend? Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Great details, great trip! What is the cost of TT and HH, seems like they should be imputed in your camping expenses.

One thing I try to explain to non Oliver owners, and RVer's is the versatility of the Oliver when equipped with Solar. Unless you need the AC. where one stays is almost unlimited.

Reservations and pre planning - only unless you really want to, freedom to just go - are priorities for us and the Ollie really excels here.

RB

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Hi Mike,  I will be continuing my subscription.  There are many interesting places to stop and even though Judy and I don't drink, many wineries and breweries offer other things to purchase. And some of the locations are fabulous.  Supersize Life has a 15% discount coupon. They just added 600 golf courses for a premium as well.

• Thanks 2

I paid $460 for my Thousand Trails membership and purchased four zone passes for $49 each because  our trip was so extensive.  We also added the Trails Collection for $199 which adds a bunch of RV resorts around the country.  While during this 5 month trip we stayed 60 nights in the TT system,  our previous trip out west and last winter in Florida we used TT another 57 nights. At this point we are at $7.30 average per night.  There are other lifetime memberships beginning at $5000.  The Harvest Host is now about $79 but I got in for $44 at the launch.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1