Bruder EXP 6 hard core expedition trailer.

John E Davies

Woohoo, I have never read about these, the big ones start at close to US$100k and go way way up from there.

https://bruderx.com/brochure/exp-6/

Hates: too luxurious, outdoor kitchen, $$$$$$. No insurance company would touch this if you actually used it as designed.

Loves: exotic self leveling long travel suspension, can tow with one flat tire retracted, built in cabin pressurization system to keep out dust, super strong chassis and cabin design, roof solar not obstructed by normal sized cargo loads, built in rear recovery winch, seems as if it would be ideal behind my Land Cruiser.

I am amused by the video showing it screaming around offroad, then the pretty blonde opens the rear galley and all the pots, pans and dinnerware are neatly arranged, upright, and unbroken....

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John, that's a trailer I'd love to see in person.

I've seen updates on them since their launch a few years back. It's quite the impressive caravan, rugged outside, lux inside, though simple.

Maybe someday they'll put a poptop on the new single axle model, the exp4. It's about half the price of the exp6 models.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The suspension and the cabin pressure systems are very nice features on the Bruder. That suspension may be the best there is.

I've been considering how to make a cabin pressure system for the HQ19 too.

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

I like this unit. It appears very rugged my only question would be most of these off road units have pull out outside kitchens. They should do a video of them being used in the rain or wind storms you may go hungry that day or be very wet. Food included. I still would bet that there is a fabrication company out there that could make the Ollie a independent suspension. It would just be a mater of replacing the sub frame that’s attached to the main frame. And to spend a lot of cash.

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

Landrover, the exp6 kitchen can be accessed from inside or out. Fairly clever design.

The exp 4 has no room for anything but the outdoor kitchen, but its about half the price.:) I guess you'd just have to carry a supply of protein bars and pbj for bad weather. I would be too claustrophobic with the exp4 lack of height. It seems to be basically a well equipped, offroad bed on wheels.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I’ve been considering how to make a cabin pressure system for the HQ19 too.

LOL Raspy have you seen this? That is as far as I ever got with the design, I need somebody else to build and field test it, to make sure the components, Donaldson filter, fan and airflow works, before I cut holes in my Ollie’s hull.....

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/cabin-pressurization-system-to-prevent-dust-infiltration/

Realistically, since I fixed my two huge air/dust leaks (the sewer waste pipe grommet and the missing emergency exit seals) I have found the dust intrusion to not be nearly as much of a problem as before..... have you located any particular leaks on your new trailer? Sealing openings and plugging seal gaps will be a great start.

John Davies

Spokane Wa

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I like this unit. It appears very rugged my only question would be most of these off road units have pull out outside kitchens. They should do a video of them being used in the rain or wind storms you may go hungry that day or be very wet. Food included.

The Black Series HQ19 has a beautiful outside kitchen. It is under the awning, but there is also a complete kitchen inside with three burner stove, oven, and vent hood. Who wants to cook outside in blowing rain or a dust storm? And who wants to cook inside when deep frying, or trying to barbecue, or on a hot day, or for a large crowd?. And who wants to try to cook outside with a stove-top oven, when there is a very nice oven inside?

The outside kitchen makes a lot of sense. We used to carry a separate stove, and gas line, and cooking table, just for that purpose. Liye's famous spring rolls are best cooked outside and they are a huge hit at the pot luck dinners.

BTW, there are videos of a Black Series outside stove being used. Go to Youtube and look for RVs of America videos of the Black Series trailers in action.

John

have you located any particular leaks on your new trailer? Sealing openings and plugging seal gaps will be a great start.

John Davies

Spokane Wa

I still haven't got it! But we will have it at the end of the week, or next week at the latest.

A gave it a very close inspection last week and found it to be very air tight. All openings sealed where pipes pass through, all outside compartment covers gasketed, water fill ports sealed, etc. The windows are the swing out type and close with multiple latches against a soft gasket. The only opening I found was near the bottom of the door, where there is a louver.

I was all over it underneath looking at the insulation and running a new PEX pipe for the water system mod I'm doing. This will give it instant hot water back at the shower and reduce the risk of freezing. It is also getting more insulation as part of a winter package and also tank heaters which are designed to protect it down to 10 degrees.

I'm also preparing the new McHitch for it.

It is very easy to work on underneath with it's high ground clearance and independent suspension. I can fly along on a creeper like I'm in a hallway.

John