APRIL 09' JUG FISHING CAMPOUT INVITATION

mountainborn

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Geri n I n the critters had a GREAT time!!! Bettys' catfish cookin' is deeeeelicious and she has set a high water mark for all future catfish that I consume! Hope that this becomes an annual event that we can contribute more too! Betty and Larry are terrific hosts ! :D

We made it as far as Lake Texhoma before the weather got really bad.

Thanks again to Larry n Betty !!

Chuck 8-) n Geri :) (both full of catfish) n the critters

Sounds like y'all had a great time. Sorry I couldn't make it down there, but between a blown transmission and doing pre-op for cataract surgery, there just wasn't any way. To top it off, after doing all the pre-op, at the last minute, the eye surgeon decided he didn't want to do the surgery. Hopefully there's another eye surgeon there at the VA that will do it.

Mountainborn, since you like jugfishing maybe you'd like to attend the Brotherhood of Catfishermen gathering at Lake DeGray May 1-3. You can click on http://www.catfish1.com to find out more about it. I won't be attending that gathering, because my youngest daughter is having a memorial for her daughter who would have been 16 on May 2. She died 3 years ago. I was planning to attend the gathering, but family comes first.

• Moderators

Early morning Breakfast, Lake Greeson, 2009 Catfish Camp. Biscuits baked in a castiron skillet beside the lake. Butcherknife asked me as she slid them in the oven, "you want them a little extra brown ?" He, he, you know I said Yes ! A little extra brown makes them just a tiny bit crunchy on the ones on the outside edge of the pan, and fluffy white and tender on the inside. When you crack one of them open to butter it, the steam will just roll off of it ! Oh, yeah ! That cow salve butter is nearly a' meltin' before it touches the biscuit ! Smother a few of them with white gravy, then for desert, one with peach preserves. Man oh man. :D

Here is a look:

100_0182.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

As Butcherknife pushes her plate back, our friends are walking back to their campsite, Alan & Chris are the last of the diehards, hanging in there with us, she says quietly, "Honey do we really have to go home today ?"

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Betty, I asked Chuck the same thing, "do we really have to leave today?" Thursday night was our last catfish fry and here's a pic of you and Rachel frying catfish for the rest of us hungry campers! I just want Mountainborn and Butcherknife to know how much Tumbleweed and I enjoyed our visit to Lake Greeson!

We had a great time meeting everybody, old friends and new friends! Thank you so much for hosting this fun event! Happy Trails, hope to see you further down the road!