Quartzite 2020

BackofBeyond

As we may be in/around the area during Jan 2020, is there a contingent of Oliver's that will be in there. Is there a certain area?  What's the scoop, I know little about the event.

Thanks RB

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

We’ve been the last three years, either to the Big Show or the Rally or both.  Dome Rock BLM is where to go.  You can find it on Google Maps, it’s a large area  and will have a few hundred campers scattered about.  I think it’s Exit 17 off of I-10W, there’s a Love’s on the south side and a Pilot on the north side.  Dome Rock road goes west parallel to I-10 on the south side, you’ll see it just in front of the Love’s.  Follow it for a few miles west and you’ll see the fiberglass gaggle to the south.  Can’t miss it!  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, hardrock said:

I will be there

Also, we have a booth at the RV Big tent Show.  We will be at booth #105 selling the Solar Tracker .  COME SEE US !!!!

Coy, will you have one installed on your trailer at Dome Rock?  Would love to see it in action!  Mike

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+

Coy will have his tracker up and running on his Elite.  If all goes right, we will have one on an Elite II as well.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Dates for Quartzsite 2020 are:

Big Tent RV Show - Jan 19-26

Fiberglass Rally - Feb 3-9

There’s information on the rally over on Fiberglass RV Forums:

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f57/2020-quartzsite-gathering-88194.html

• Thanks 1

I wish I was a Quartzsite person, but I'm addicted to electricity, water, and sewer hookups. I did spend a night at a 24-hour Walmart once which has all those things inside. wasn't all that bad. For all those going, have fun and take pics for the rest of us to see, I enjoy looking at them.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderator+
On 11/6/2019 at 7:43 AM, Trainman said:

I wish I was a Quartzsite person, but I'm addicted to electricity, water, and sewer hookups. I did spend a night at a 24-hour Walmart once which has all those things inside. wasn't all that bad. For all those going, have fun and take pics for the rest of us to see, I enjoy looking at them.

trainman

Does your trailer have solar? If not, you're correct, you would not like the desert at Quartzsite. If it does, you would have all the electricity you need as the sun shines pretty much all day every day (but it's not too hot).  Water is simple to get and cheap (25 cents for 5 gallons) in Quartzsite, about 4 miles from where we will all be camped.  And, your Oliver is uniquely equipped to pump that water into your onboard tanks.  Dump before you set up and you should be good for a week or so.  When needed, the dump station is available at the same place we get water.

Think about it, you might want to give it a try.  If you absolutely hate it, remember there are wheels on the trailer for a reason.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Hey trainman

There are RV parks all around and in Quartzsite with full hookups.  You could be very comfortable with the hookups and then drive over to the Rally at Dome Rock and join us for all the activities.

Just google RV parks in Quartzsite.

Quartzsite is a kick at this time of the year.  I like to refer to it as the Senior Citizens Disneyland.  It has a bunch of things to do if you like eclectic.  Rocks, stones, shopping, sightseeing, sunrises and sunsets, the river, and booths with all kinds of gadgets for the rv'r.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

We’re leaving Monday to head west ending up at Quartzsite for the RV Show and maybe the rally after.  Dome Rock is calling.  It could almost be a western Oliver Rally.  Who else is going?  Mike

• Like 1

We’re newbies to Quartzite but are excited to be able to squeeze in a couple of days.  We’ll probably arrive on Feb 3 and pull out on Feb 6th.  Other obligations in Tucson.  Since this is all new, do we just head for Dome Rock and find an open area?  Maybe an Oliver or two?  Looking forward to 2020 adventures!

• Like 1

Kevin and Kathi

TV: 2018 GMC 2500 HD Sierra Duramax 4 x 4 

“Do Your Own Ride”

ALAZCACOILINKYLAMSNVNMTNTXUTmed.jpg

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, Kkmain said:

We’re newbies to Quartzite but are excited to be able to squeeze in a couple of days.  We’ll probably arrive on Feb 3 and pull out on Feb 6th.  Other obligations in Tucson.  Since this is all new, do we just head for Dome Rock and find an open area?  Maybe an Oliver or two?  Looking forward to 2020 adventures!

Yep!  Just head for Dome Rock and look for Olivers.  There is plenty of open space to park.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/2/2020 at 5:26 PM, Mike and Carol said:

We’re leaving Monday to head west ending up at Quartzsite for the RV Show and maybe the rally after.  Dome Rock is calling.  It could almost be a western Oliver Rally.  Who else is going?  Mike

We arrived late on February 3. Hope to see you. Pretty windy out.

Craig and Sheila Nickels | Marble Falls, TX

2019 Elite II, Twin, Hull #480 - Excellent Adventure | 2022 Ford F150 Power Boost

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDIAKSLAMNMSMOMTNENVNMNDOKORSDTNTXUTWAWYsm.jpg

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, LuckyNickels said:

We arrived late on February 3. Hope to see you. Pretty windy out.

We did the RV show a couple of weeks ago then did some exploring in some AZ and NM parks. We both caught colds, felt terrible so came home a couple days ago. It looks like the weather in AZ is unusually bad. Hope it gets better for the rally. Mike