4 Olivers at the Casita Bluebonnet Rally last week

Trainman

We were at Bluebonnet Rally in Grapeland, Texas last week an there were 4 Oliver's there, about 10-12 Escape's, 1 Bigfoot, and 1 Scamp, and yes 60 plus Casita's. Of course you know which one everyone wanted to see, the Scamp. I think the reason for so many Escapes being there was because Escape sent there head guy there to talk about Escape wanting to move a sale site to Texas, somewhere in the DFW area. Reason was Escape sells more Escape's in Texas then any other area in the U.S. and Canada. They plan to stock new Escape's at this location as well as possibly in the future build Escape's here. The two year plan was for sale only and within five years build them here. This facility would be Escape owned and operated, they have no plans for dealers. If you didn't know Escape is no longer owned by the family that started the business and is now owned be a large financial company and the guy they sent here runs it, he is from Ireland and seems to know what he wants to do and how to get it done. This will no way influence me, or probably any other Oliver owners to purchase an Escape, but will probably give Casita buyers something to think about when purchasing new. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

That's interesting, and likely a good idea on the part of the new corporate Escape ownership. We see very few Escapes on the road in the east. Of the few I've seen, most have Canadian plates, hanging out on the winter months here in the southeast.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Reading this topic gives me pause - a standing topic location where folks can post about upcoming trips and planned stops would be cool - invite others to join for  informal get together. I suspect this happens on the down low anyways, I know we have done similar - Bixby and his human family have met us in several places, here there, and at home. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201