replacing window gaskets

roguebooks

I have a 2018 Oliver Elite and need to replace the white window gaskets (seals or bands) sealing the dinette sliding window. Whether it has been the extreme temps or excessive humidity the seals seem to have shrunk and loosened enough that I am concerned they will leak more than just a plugged weep hole produces. I have yet to find the correct seals on amazon and I am hoping somebody here knows the correct brand or name for what I need. Having a roll of this material would be helpful as Florida mold makes for a bit of constant maintenance in keeping the white gaskets clean as well. Not interested in cleaning products as I already have what I need. I need the gasket material Oliver uses. Hate to bother Jason with this request and I am hoping somebody here has already figured it out. Thanks.  

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg

• Moderators

I replaced mine in May 2019 and it just may be the best $100 I ever spent.  You will need 5' for each large window and 2' for the bath on an LEII or 17'.

Mike

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• 1 year later...

Kim and I want to replace our discolored white window gaskets with the black; has anyone else done this? I wanted to make sure the part number and size was correct before ordering, as mentioned in the posts above. Thanks.

Kim and David Thompson Nomads' Nest 2018 LE2 #366 2018 Toyota Tundra, 4x4, 5.7L

I switched ours from white to black.   Here’s the before and after pics and also the info for Pelland for the part number.  But Oliver may have changed window suppliers over the years so you’ll have to confirm the right gasket for yours. 

https://www.pellandent.com/Half-Inch-Glass-Vinyl-Seal

705B44CC-73DC-4147-BC78-A2C9E60FE2AF.jpeg

B4672D0F-CE3C-4868-B298-83CFA0C1D35B.jpeg

423F35A1-FA5D-4C6F-9B30-E2FD3AA0D460.png

Edited by FrankC
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators

That looks great, Frankc! The black makes a nice frame, even seems to make the window look larger.  And I'm sure it will be easier to keep clean.

Do you recall how many feet you ordered and used?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

21 hours ago, FrankC said:

I switched ours from white to black.   Here’s the before and after pics and also the info for Pelland for the part number.  But Oliver may have changed window suppliers over the years so you’ll have to confirm the right gasket for yours. 

https://www.pellandent.com/Half-Inch-Glass-Vinyl-Seal

705B44CC-73DC-4147-BC78-A2C9E60FE2AF.jpeg

B4672D0F-CE3C-4868-B298-83CFA0C1D35B.jpeg

423F35A1-FA5D-4C6F-9B30-E2FD3AA0D460.png

I actually like the looks of the black gaskets 👍

• Love 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 7 months later...