The RVers

topgun2

• Moderators

It has just been announced that the new RV oriented TV show - The RVers - will debut on the Discovery channel (DirecTV #278) on November 17th at 8am.  Two one time Oliver owners - Technomadia - are one of the three co-hosts for the series.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

It has just been announced that the new RV oriented TV show - The RVers - will debut on the Discovery channel (DirecTV #278) on November 17th at 8am.  Two one time Oliver owners - Technomadia - are one of the three co-hosts for the series.

Bill

So just went to the Discovery Channel to check it out, all I really saw was clips of those who travel in the $200,000 RV range and not much if any in the what I would call the down to earth RVers like we would normally see in RV campgrounds. From what I saw watching YouTube videos would probably be more entertaining for me, but we will give the channel a chance and see what takes place. 

trainman

Edited by Trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

Technomadia, Chris and Cherie, started in a teardrop and graduated to an Elite way back when Pete, Steve and Sherry got their Elites.  They then moved up to a restored class A.  They are pretty down to earth and provide a great service to RVers with their videos and posts on cell phones, boosters and other tech.  You can do a search and find a number of posts by them on this forum.  Not sure what the focus of this new show will be but might be interesting.  If you have cell phone or tech questions their web site is a good place to go.

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Chris and  Cherie will be talking about mobile internet and tech gadgets in episodes 2 and 4. I hope you can watch. 

They're smart and interesting,  engaging people. Part of our original moderator team on the forum.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

They are great couple, well informed on living the life as nomads.  After initially fulltiming in a solar equipped teardrop, they moved into a single axle Elite, followed by a large converted vintage bus.  They put the bus into storage and wandered about in a yacht, through the Great Lakes, St Lawrence River, down the east coast, around Florida, and up the Mississippi.

They both make their living through the work of the internet, so maintaining good broadband is very important to them.  It should be a very informative show.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone been able to find Season 1, Episode1?  All I can find is episode 2 and beyond.

I watched episode 2 last week (DVR) and enjoyed it but found the episode to be about 90% commercials.  I'll keep watching (for now).

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• Moderators

To specifically answer your question - no.  But I've not looked for it either.  If you saw episode 2 then you really got the gist of episode 1 - how to learn to drive a big class A.

At this point - I agree with your assessment of the series so far.  Perhaps not exactly 90% commercials but the content has not been what I would call "riveting" either.  And, yes, I do understand that we are not the portion of the audience that would get excited by learning how to drive a class A.  Even the short portion in episode 2 with Technomadia (former Oliver owners)  was fairly superficial without substance.  I really do hope that things improve very quickly.

Bill

Edited by topgun2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"