Greetings from new owners

Brian and Maria

Warmest greetings to everyone! By way of introduction my name is Brian and my wife’s name is Maria. We are very excited to be taking delivery of our Elite I in February! We’re keeping our fingers crossed that the weather is kind enough to allow for a safe pickup for us and anyone else who may be taking delivery in the winter months.

Thank you for taking the time to contribute to these forums. We are first-time travel trailer owners with a lot to learn. We have learned so much from you already, so thanks for that!

We look forward to our paths crossing. Safe travels everyone and take care.

Brian and Maria

Brian and Maria | and furbabies Lucas and Joie | Western NC
2020 Elite I | Hull 583 | February 6 Delivery
2018 F150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew | 3.5L V6 EB | Max Trailer Tow | Undercover Elite Tonneau

• Moderators

Welcome to the group! Nice to see another Elite I. 

We picked up our Oliver in February,  2008. It was chilly ( jacket weather), but it just depends. Wishing you fair weather for your trip!

We spend a bit of time each year in western NC, near Asheville.  Hopefully,  we'll get a chance to meet one day.

Sherry and Paul

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Glad you are with us and are soon to be a full fledged part of the Family.

I too picked up my Ollie in February.  We also live in Western North Carolina and must drive about 6 hours over the mountains in order to get to Hohenwald.  The night before our delivery the forecast was for temps to be hovering around freezing and for snow at the higher altitudes.  Indeed, that forecast was mostly correct and it was a nervous drive being careful to make sure that the roads were not icing.  All was good except that it was a cold rain for a total of three days - the day before delivery, the day of delivery and the day after delivery.  All this rain made the campground outside of Hohenwald a sea of mud which, in turn, made my nice new Ollie brown!  The good news was that it washed off easily and we spent a nice warm week down in Florida getting to know each other.

Your delivery will take place inside where it is warm and dry.  And your Oliver will keep you warm and dry.  All other things will work out.

Bill

P1000806 (2).JPG

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Sherry and Paul, thanks for the welcome. I hope that we have the opportunity to meet, perhaps when you’re next out this way. I would love to be able to pick your brains of some of that vast experience with an Elite since 2008! That’s awesome. The cold beverages are on me if you’ll share some stories. 😁

Brian

2018 F150 XLT 4x4 Supercrew | 3.5L V6 EB | Max Trailer Tow | Undercover Elite Tonneau

Bill, thanks very much! I appreciate your comments on your pick up trip, especially since you were coming from WNC. That stretch through the gorge on I-40 can be interesting even with favorable weather, I’m happy to hear that you made it okay and got to enjoy that warmer weather in Florida. I was not aware that the delivery will take place inside, good to know! Seems that it will make it easier to pay attention during what I understand to be an all-day briefing.

I’m happy there’s an Ollie nearby and hope that we can meet you someday!

Brian

• Moderators

Brian and Maria, welcome!  You are from a beautiful part of the country with plenty of great camping spots!   Take videos when you get your orientation.  We did and they came in handy a couple of times.  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Brian & Maria -

There's more of us around WNC than you would think - some above Asheville and two of us about twenty minutes west of the airport.  Any time is good for questions or a meet-up.

If you are REALLY interested in meeting Sherry & Paul, just throw in an offer to meet for lunch at 12 Bones!  Heck - I would probably join the group for that one.

At least Interstate 40 through the Gorge will be back open by the time February comes along (assuming no landslides and warm enough weather so they can get the concrete work done on the bridges).  You're correct though - that stretch is VERY interesting even in the best of times.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Hi Mike, thank you for the welcome, appreciate it! Great idea to video the orientation......much more reliable than trying to read my hand-written notes lol. We will both be there so it should work well to have at least one of us filming.

Brian

Bill that sounds like a plan! Haven’t been to 12 Bones since they moved and I welcome the chance to meet you all AND have some of those ribs! I’ll touch base with everyone soon as work permits to see if we can arrange it. It’s nice to have Oliver owners in the neighborhood!

Brian

• Moderators

Bill, great idea. You know 12 Bones is one of my favorites !

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

3 hours ago, Brian and Maria said:

Great idea to video the orientation......much more reliable than trying to read my hand-written notes lol.

Video recording of the orientation is a great idea. Anita in the sales office suggested it to us, and our video recordings helped us on one occasion.

One suggestion, though. Instead of one long video of the entire orientation, periodically stop the recording, and then restart when they are introducing a new system. Then take the video files and rename things like MaxxAir.mp4, SolarControlPanel.mp4, and Thermostat.mp4. Then put them somewhere where you can find them, in my case on my Dropbox. 

On our first trip, we could not get the thermostat to start the furnace, and the owners manual did not help. But the Thermostat.mp4 video explained how to use it, and we did not have to go thru a three hour video recording. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net