Re-attaching inside trim

djpinaz

Anyone have any idea what is (or could be) used to attach the inside “chrome” trim piece that covers the seam between the upper and lower inner hull? I tried 3m double-sided foam tape. It wasn’t thick enough, so tried a double layer of it, but as suspected it didn’t hold. The material originally used has some thickness to it and has great holding strength.

2014 Oliver Elite II, Hull #62

• Moderators

If you really want the "expert" answer, I'd give a call to the Service department - click on the tab at the top of this page.  On the other hand - I've used a product called "E-6000" with great results for both interior and exterior problems of this sort.  E-6000 can be obtained at Walmart, Ace Hardware, Lowes, Amazon, etc.  Make sure that the area is clean, apply E-6000, use painters tape to secure the band while the E-6000 dries.  After 12 to 24 hours remove the tape and be on your way.

E6000

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

A section of the chrome strip between the bathroom sink and toilet started to come loose. I used This tape to reattach it.

It has held up great. Be sure to clean the area well before taping (remove all old tape residue with MEK), and then use 3M 4298 adhesion promoter as a "primer" so the tape bonds even better. You can buy them both together on Amazon.

Dave

• Thanks 2

2015 Oliver Elite, Hull 107

1998 Ford E-250, 5.4 liter