Sign in to follow this  
dgward

Norcold refrigerator in freezing weather

I would like to know how other owners of the Oliver with 2019 Norcold N41X refrigerators are using their units when the outside temperatures are 32 or below.   In the Norcold N41X manual from Oliver University,  page 9, there is a paragraph with the heading "Effects of freezing temperatures on operation".   The information states that there is a potential for malfunction at 32 or below.  We are planning on using our Oliver in below freezing temperatures and we would like to hear from other 2019 owners on how the unit performs under these conditions.

I am not sure on the cold weather performance of the previous Dometic model.  I do know Norcold markets a cold weather kit (thermostat controlled heat tape) but the kit is not available for the N41X.  

Thanks for any replies and information.

We have a 2019 Elite II and have camped with temperatures at night down to 16 and above freezing during the day, without any real problem. 

One morning the temperature in the refrigerator was a little high so, I turned it off and back on again and everything was fine.  I don't know if there was a problem or I was just being overly anal with my new baby.  I did check with Jason, from Oliver service, and he confirmed with the manufacture there is not a "freeze kit" specifically  for this refrigerator.  A freeze kit is a 12v heat strip that wraps around the coil in the back of the refrigerator, that is designed to allow the refrigerator to work down to zero.  They do make this kits for larger refrigerators and Jason said it could work but the manufacturer did not recommend it.

In my opinion, I think the refrigerator worked fine. 

I hope this help,

Andrew

Andrew, Carianne and Buffy | San Diego, CA

2019 Legacy Elite II Hull #468 "California Burrito" | 2018 BMW x5 35d