I Found a Tow Vehicle

dougi

I just found a new tow vehicle for our Oliver. I will be selling our 2002 Silverado Crew Cab Big Dually with the diesel engine (Duramax), fully tricked out for towing a good sized 5th wheel. If anyone knows someone who is interested in it, just let me know.

I have just purchased, but not yet picked up, a 2003 Silverado, LT, 4X4, 5.3 L V8, Quadrasteer, extended cab pickup with full towing package. I have been wanting one ever since they came out but they are rare and hard to find. They stopped making them in 2004 (I think). I found it on E-bay, in Houston.

This should be a great tow vehicle for us. I expect to keep this truck for the rest of our RVing life.

• Moderators

DougI,

Congrats. We loved our Silverado... and our daughter now loves it even more than we did, I think. We wanted the 4x4, as you now have. Glad you found the one you wanted!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

DougI, any chance that you guys may be going to the April Jug Fishing Gathering at Lake Greeson ? I sure would like to look over one of them quadratracs ! I have often thought they would be a good TV.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

DougI, any chance that you guys may be going to the April Jug Fishing Gathering at Lake Greeson ? I sure would like to look over one of them quadratracs ! I have often thought they would be a good TV.

Larry, Geneva and I went to Houston today and picked up the Quadrasteer truck. I drove it back home. No problems. I drove slow just to see how much MPG I could squeeze out of the truck on the highway...19MPG! That's driving at between 50 and 60 MPH, using the cruise control most of the time. It included two stops, one in Brenham and one in Giddings. I was pleased because the truck is rated at 17MPG on the highway.

YES, we hope to make it to Lake Greeson in April. Looking forward to it.

Doug