small white fan with suction cup mount?

nrvale0

I've been looking for a small white fan with suction cup mount (possibly even USB-charged) for moving around the trailer for various purposes and haven't had much luck finding anything via the usual suspect (Amazon, Walmart, Target, dollar stores). Anybody found one? Most of the ones for use on a desk in an office are black or are huge. I'd like to be able to pop it on the underside of the light rails and above the kitchen area as needed.

Thx

In my experience a little battery powered fan is mostly useless, unless you are OK with holding it in front of your face. The marine Caframo 12 volt fans are simply wonderful, you can either hard mount one as I and others have done, or add a round 12 volt adapter to an extended wire harness and move it around as needed. You would need to fabricate some sort of weighted base, or even a base with big suction cups.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LDY4TE4/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/3305-how-to-caframo-sirocco-ii-12-volt-marine-cabin-fan/?tab=comments#comment-32349

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

7 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Would something like this work for you?

USB Fan

That's getting there. I'm hoping to find something with wire shroud. I have a plugged unit now that's a little too big for what I like which I use as supplemental air movement in the kitchen area and bathroom to keep things dry. Not so much worried about keeping cool with it.

• Moderators

Caframo fans have had consistently goodcreviews for decades. Canadian company. The little Ultimate model can be ordered with a 12v plug. Small, but moves a lot of air. No guard, but the pladtic blades won't hurt you. And, easier to clean without the guard. Used on many cruising sailboats, as they're very efficient.

White and black available. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

12 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

White and black available. 

Ooh! That's getting somewhere. That suction cup hatch fan is really close. Too bad its $250(!).

I think I'm going to try modifying the USB fan I posted earlier in this thread. Suction cup mounting where it can reach a power port and a latch to attach an external battery where it cannot.

Go to Defender Industries or West Marine.  Both marine suppliers.  Get the 12 volt fans with suction cups.  I have two.  They work great and run forever.  I think they are Carafamos, but I am not in the the trailer.  Should be about $25.  Biggest benefits are circulating ambient air when not too hot, and circulating cold air from AC when running. Good luck.

John Shkor, SailorsAshore 

• Moderators

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I know you are looking for a white fan( so were we) but we ended up getting thgis one and like it quite well.  It sticks very well and with so many usb ports in the Ollie you can mount it pretty much anywhere.  https://www.amazon.com/LEMOISTAR-Battery-Powered-Rotatable-Vehicles/dp/B07D7S7K3N?ref_=ast_sto_dp 

LEII Hull #517    |   Lincoln Navigator Reserve with Heavy Duty Trailer Tow Package and owner installed OEM rear "splash guards" (aka mud flaps)  - "The Beast"

visited-united-states-map.jpg