Christmas presents šŸŽ to Ollie

Landrover

My wife and I were at Gander outdoor the other day. They were havingĀ a 25% off everything in the store.

we were looking to replace our 15 yr old Weber Q grill. Ā Love that grill. I saw the Black Stone 17in griddle. We decided to give it a try. Cost was about $67.00 of course we had to get the griddle kit and and the carrying case. Total a little over $100,00 .TryingĀ it,Ā after a very easy seasoning process,Ā Ā I cooked so far 20 wings, sausage peppers and onions, and a full breakfast eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns, things you canā€™t do with the Webber.Ā I am happy with the results. Easy clean up and stores nice with the carrying case The only negative, a lot of grease/oil to clean up. It should get better with more experience using it. Ā Ā Looks like we may semi retire our Webber.

• Like 1

Grant Ā 2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019 Ā Elite 11šŸ˜Ž

We got the 22-inch double-burner Blackstone Griddle - it is a heavy and a bit overkill (with 2-burners you can cook breakfast for the entire campground).Ā  The 17-inch single burner, still a bit heavy, is definitely a better choice.Ā  Either way, Blackstone griddle is a versatile cooking machine.Ā  We also got the hookup hose for our Oliver propane connections - no need to rely on those propane camp bottles, although we still use them from time to time.Ā  And, we got the Blackstone table stand ($89) for easy leveling and eliminate the need for a portable cook table.Ā  Although expensive, and heavy, the Blackstone stand makes the Blackstone experience better.Ā  One last suggestion, using small disposable aluminum pans (or aluminum foil) to line your grease/oil catch trap makes cleanup easier.Ā  You may want to visit the Blackstone website to checkout options for your new griddle.

KWR

2019 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull#444

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab, 4WD, Denali, Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel V8 Engine with Allison 6-speed transmission

2 hours ago, KWRJRPE said:

We got the 22-inch double-burner Blackstone Griddle - it is a heavy and a bit overkill (with 2-burners you can cook breakfast for the entire campground).Ā  The 17-inch single burner, still a bit heavy, is definitely a better choice.Ā  Either way, Blackstone griddle is a versatile cooking machine.Ā  We also got the hookup hose for our Oliver propane connections - no need to rely on those propane camp bottles, although we still use them from time to time.Ā  And, we got the Blackstone table stand ($89) for easy leveling and eliminate the need for a portable cook table.Ā  Although expensive, and heavy, the Blackstone stand makes the Blackstone experience better.Ā  One last suggestion, using small disposable aluminum pans (or aluminum foil) to line your grease/oil catch trap makes cleanup easier.Ā  You may want to visit the Blackstone website to checkout options for your new griddle.

I am probably going to get the 17-inch one. Ā But, I bought a Cobb grill and also a wok for it. Ā I think I am going to REALLY enjoy this.

• Moderators

Nice griddle, Landrover. Nan, how do you like the Cobb wok? IĀ  use my wok pan a lot at home.

Our Ollie's Christmas gift arrived yesterday. 2 200 watt panels, to double the output of our existing twin 100s. Excited for that.

Next year, maybe a Lagun table , if I can figure out a good mount place in the small dinette. I'd love to be able to raise the table to counter height when I am using the little table as a prep space, or dish drying space. šŸ™‚

SherryĀ 

Ā 

2008 Ram 1500 4 Ɨ 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .Ā  Life is good.

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Nice griddle, Landrover. Nan, how do you like the Cobb wok? IĀ  use my wok pan a lot at home.

Our Ollie's Christmas gift arrived yesterday. 2 200 watt panels, to double the output of our existing twin 100s. Excited for that.

Next year, maybe a Lagun table , if I can figure out a good mount place in the small dinette. I'd love to be able to raise the table to counter height when I am using the little table as a prep space, or dish drying space. šŸ™‚

SherryĀ 

Ā 

I just received the wok yesterday, so have not used it. Ā I only got the Cobb a short time ago, too. Ā I did buy the cook book for the Cobb, but I am not a fancy cook so do not think I will be using these receipts...lol

We bought a 22" Blackstone before we picked up our Ollie at the end of August. We then went for a 2 month shakedown trip up & down the Blue Ridge Parkway with a stop in Hotlanta for our annual physicals en route home to Pensacola. During the trip we used the grill extensively. There is nothing better than bacon in the morning, plus I have always wanted to work the griddle at a Waffle House. We probably ate more bacon, burgers, grilled sausage, etc during the 7 weeks prior to Hotlanta than last couple of years. The result was a 20 point increase in my cholesterol as my doctor not so subtly pointed out. Soo.... for Christmas we got Ollie a new 3qt Instant Pot last week. It makes great steel-cut oatmeal, but I bet it makes lousy camp toast. šŸ˜

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1