Furnace noise reduction

thirddoor

We were having trouble with the little flow management fins in the furnace ducts rotating themselves closed, so I decided to fix them in place in the open position.

In the process, I inadvertently popped the cover off (figured it was fixed into the ring, it's not) and was able to simply remove the flow reducers (they just pop out).

Popped the directional louver covers back in place so we can still channel the airflow direction and keep things out of the ducts. 

An unexpected (but in hindsight, obvious) benefit is that the airflow is less restricted which makes the furnace MUCH quieter and the trailer warms up more quickly.

We couldn't think of any situation where we'd want the vents closed anyway.

• Like 2

2019 Legacy Elite II #488 - Delivery July 24, 2019
2018 F150 Platinum SC SB EB - Leer canopy

Thirddoor, the reason for the flow reducers is so you can adjust the flow,  maybe reduce the flow a bit in the main cabin to push more in the bathroom (you may want more warm air in the bathroom), but there is no harm in what you have done. I would check the bathroom vent to make sure you are getting enough air flow in there. Glad it reduced the noise for you it was a good idea!!

Sue & Harold

Oliver Elite II Twin bed,  Hull #508, Ram 2500

CAIDINIAKYMIMNMTNENVNDOHORSDTNUTWIWYmed.            

I am going to install a vent high up to the left of the bathroom door. It was a Fall project, but Winter decided to visit. If you have ever had the bathroom fan going, and closed the door, you have heard it struggle to get enough air. By the same token, it must be hard for heated air to get in there, through the heating system, with the door closed or the vent closed (restricted). The hope is with freer flowing air there will be less noise from the furnace system.

IMG_20190214_1651210_rewind.jpg

• Thanks 1

I like your vent solution, Mainiac.

Airflow into the bath is MUCH less than the main cabin, but it's enough to take the chill off. We mostly travel in warmer weather and keep both roof vents open all the time anyway.

If it's a cold day and we want more heat circulation in the bath, turning the door handle to the lock position before closing creates enough of an air gap to keep things flowing between rooms.

2019 Legacy Elite II #488 - Delivery July 24, 2019
2018 F150 Platinum SC SB EB - Leer canopy