work camping

tumbleweed

We got our work camper job!!!! :D River Bend Hot Springs in Truth or Consequences, NM.

It's not a campground but a spa that has a small campground for their work campers. With both of us loving hot spring spas and the NM/AZ area, it's perfect for us. Don't even have to trim my beard or cut hair :o and it's pet friendly!!!! Starts May 1st so we'll leave from Lake Greeson !!! :D:D

Chuck and I are really excited about this opportunity to travel and work as we go. :D We need to mention http://www.workampers.com in case anyone else out there is interested in this wonderful program. Although we won't be receiving any pay for our work, we will be getting our campsite with fhu, laundry and lots of hot springs soaks in exchange for 6 hours per day, 3 days on, 3 days off of work! Then we will have 3 days per week to explore the area around Truth or Consequences NM and watch the progress of the new Spaceport being built there. You are all welcome to come visit us, we will be there from May 1st to end of July, we have a 3 month commitment there. There is no campground at Riverbend, except for the workampers. However I am sure they have campgrounds in the area but the rooms at Riverbend are certainly affordable if you decide on that option. If you decide on camping elsewhere and just want to come in for a soak, all prices are listed on the link here >>>> http://www.riverbendhotsprings.com/

Riverbend is not that far from Carlsbad Caverns, White Sands National Park and a good days drive to the Three River area where all the rock petroglyphs are found. Even a side trip to Roswell NM with all the UFO interests there! There is a lot to see and enjoy while in NM! Hopefully we will get to see some of you on our journey!

What a wonderful thought..a good soak in the spas sounds like "a slice of heaven." Your information on work sites is great!!! My mom spent two summers working with a group called Aramark. She was graced to have spent the summer of 1999 at Lake Meade Recreational area and the next summer working at Denali in Alaska. They pay minimum but also include the campsite and utilities. Will find that link and post it. The Denali positions have a lo-o-o-o-ng waiting list. You are going to be approximately what 8 hours from us now? We will be at the Albequerque Samboree scheduled mid April in New Mexico.

Pam