BetterWeigh Mobil Weight Scale

topgun2

• Moderators

I just stumbled on a new product that came to market a couple of weeks ago.  After calibration for your tow vehicle it reportedly can tell you all sorts of weights and weight distribution.  The price of $99 doesn't seem bad but I'd prefer to have a few reviews of it prior to plunking down the cash.

BetterWeigh video

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Thanks!  And, yep it looks the same to me.  Its even a dollar cheaper ($98.95) on etrailer.com. Please let us know what you think once you get some experience using it

Bill

Edited by topgun2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Thanks!  And, yep it looks the same to me.  Its even a dollar cheaper ($98.95) on etrailer.com. Please let us know what you think once you get some experience using it

Bill

Will do.  

It's been around a while and there are reviews on Amazon, and perhaps etrailer.  Some YouTube vids as well.

• 1 month later...

The etrailer site says the Better Weigh is exactly the same as the Haul Gauge, just rebranded as a Curt towing product.

The curt product comes with a lifetime warranty.

CS

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• 3 months later...

Gang ... any update on this? ... curious to hear any feedback as I'm thinking about getting one ... ah hell, I'll just order one from Amazon & return it if I don't like it.

Danno and Donna | Pittsburgh, PA | Hull# 069 - 2015 Ollie Elite II | 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, drfaux said:

Gang ... any update on this? ... curious to hear any feedback as I'm thinking about getting one ... ah hell, I'll just order one from Amazon & return it if I don't like it.

We'll look forward to your update!

😃

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I personally have never weighted a trailer, I have always used commonsense when towing. Leveling, weight balance, towing angle, and the proper tow vehicle. I guess you feel the need to spend money on these gadgets to make you feel better about what you are doing, then I say, go for it. I can tell you that there are a lot of people who tow that don't have a lot of commonsense, just look at there rigs when towing and I wonder how they got from point A to B in one piece. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

I have the Haul Gauge. It works well and is reasonably accurate.

The scale gauge graphic is an analog representation with few markings. This is deliberate since the results are NOT as precise as CAT scales (I spoke the the developers to confirm).

No CAT scales near me, so this was my only way to get a baseline.

• Like 2

2019 Legacy Elite II #488 - Delivery July 24, 2019
2018 F150 Platinum SC SB EB - Leer canopy