Where do you carry your Honey Wagon

Trainman

We just purchased one, as they say if you miss it twice then purchase what you need, we went three times and that's one to many for me. I was thinking of our Oliver bicycle rack hitch on the back of the trailer and a cargo rack in place of the bicycle rack would be a good place to carry it. I don't really want to carry it in the bed of the pickup, but back there sounds like a good idea, where do you carry yours and I don't intend to carry it full if you know what I mean, so weight would be very light. 

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

On the road, I see a lot of blue boys lashed to rv ladders. They don't weigh much, when they're empty. 35 to 50 pounds. Your bike hitch should probably work, with a lightweight tray.

Ps, i hope you got one of the four wheelers. 30 plus gallons of waste is a lot to haul by walking to the dumpsite.

Sherry 

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

A number of campgrounds offer "honey wagon" service. An atv or truck with a fitted tank comes by and collects the contents of your waste tanks. Nice euphemism, huh?

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Yup. Composters need not worry. Lol.

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

I have carried mine in the truck bed for years.  It takes up a fair amount of space as I have a 42 gallon tote, so I have recently considered purchasing a rooftop system so I can strap it on a roof top carrier going forward.  The tote is not light though and its size makes it fairly unwieldy....I may need to improvise adding a handle or two to it to decrease the chance of dropping it and cracking the tote.  

2016 RAM 2500 LARAMIE MEGA CAB 4X4

2017 OLE2 - King Bed

• 1 year later...

The contents - In a plastic bag - to the closest trash receptacle/container. About every three weeks when in use. Love my Natures Head "honey"  composter. 

Edited by BackofBeyond
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

• Moderators

Similar to your Ipod wagon I fabricated a mount for the rear of one of my previous RV's This type of arrangement doesn't really work very well with the Oliver - so mine is in the bed of the truck now.

Bill

P1000346.JPG

P1000345.JPG

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"