Greetings from the Western North Carolina Foothills

Patriot

My wife and I are interested in an Oliver trailer as we are both recently retired in our 50’s and enjoy camping and traveling the this great country of ours. So we are doing our due diligence and learning as much as we can before we consider purchasing a new or used Oliver. There appears to be lots of valuable owner information on this forum which is greatly appreciated. Thank you to the owners that contribute.
Our current rig which we are thinking about upgrading from is an Intech Pursue, a great very well made little camper. It’s a minimalist set up and has served us extremely well for the use it is designed for- traveling and camping. We really like the advantage of storing our rig it at our home in one of our garages when not in use. Unfortunately this won’t be possible with an Oliver due to HOA restrictions. None the less we are still exploring the purchase of an Oliver. Lots of research and reading to do for sure. Our TV is  a Toyota Tundra Platinum which we really love, especially the comfort and reliability. 

Thank you for having us on board! 
We plan to visit Oliver and do the factory tour soon.

Home the Blue Ridge Mountains.....

8AA40C5F-517E-4953-B72F-F04A2D33AE46.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the kind words!

Nothing will take the place of that factory tour - be sure to take a camera and ask all the questions you want.  There are a number of Oliver owners her in Western NC.  If you'd like a tour of the Ollie prior to (or after) your factory visit - simply call the Sales Office and they will set you up.  Note that at Oliver you will not be pressured or "bugged" by some sales person.

Again, welcome and if you have questions for us on the Forum just let us know.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Patriot,

Welcome,

I have been very pleased with our Oliver EII. Although it was a huge step up for us in comfort and amenities, we have enjoyed almost two years of camping bliss. As others will testify, a factory tour will go a long way in helping with a purchase decision. 

As good as the tour is, I believe the service folks are the stars - they do an absolutely fantastic job of taking care of any warranty or service issues. 

You can solve the storage problem by simply never returning home - stay out as much as possible …. ha  - I know that's hard to do. 

Hope you enjoy the journey.

RB

• Thanks 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

Patriot:

You will enjoy the Oliver, it's a great trailer.  We have been pulling travel trailers all over this country for fifty years and there is nothing like it.  You should not have any issues with the Toyota Tundra, we also tow with a Tundra and have been all over the U.S.A. with the Oliver.   It looks like your Tundra is a crew max the same as mine plus the same color.

• Thanks 1

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

Thank you all for the kind replies. We have contacted Oliver and a lady we spoke (Anita) said she is going to put us in touch with an owner close to where we live. We live in Shelby, NC and we hope to hear from an Ollie owner in the next few weeks so that we can connect and see their Ollie and hear about their purchase and ownership experience. This is a big decision for us and we want to learn as much as we can before moving forward. 

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 1/13/2020 at 9:08 AM, topgun2 said:

Welcome to the Forum and thanks for the kind words!

Nothing will take the place of that factory tour - be sure to take a camera and ask all the questions you want.  There are a number of Oliver owners her in Western NC.  If you'd like a tour of the Ollie prior to (or after) your factory visit - simply call the Sales Office and they will set you up.  Note that at Oliver you will not be pressured or "bugged" by some sales person.

Again, welcome and if you have questions for us on the Forum just let us know.

Bill

Greetings Bill,

We have been told by a lady at Oliver this past Monday that she will put my wife and I in touch with an Ollie owner to visit close to our home here Western NC via phone and/or email. We have not heard anything yet. 
After we visit an Ollie owner and learn more about the Ollie and an owners thoughts/feedback we plan to visit the factory and do the tour. The factory is only 437 miles from our home which is a real plus!

David and Kathy

Edited by Patriot

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 1/13/2020 at 11:46 AM, Maverick said:

Patriot:

You will enjoy the Oliver, it's a great trailer.  We have been pulling travel trailers all over this country for fifty years and there is nothing like it.  You should not have any issues with the Toyota Tundra, we also tow with a Tundra and have been all over the U.S.A. with the Oliver.   It looks like your Tundra is a crew max the same as mine plus the same color.

Maverick,

A wonderful endorsement based on your experience! I may have questions for you as time goes on. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience on this forum. 
Patriot

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

I’m glad you’ll get to see a nearby Ollie. A factory tour really gives good insight as to why it’s such a good trailer. Anita will steer you right, they are all good folks. Good luck!  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

10 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

I’m glad you’ll get to see a nearby Ollie. A factory tour really gives good insight as to why it’s such a good trailer. Anita will steer you right, they are all good folks. Good luck!  Mike

Mike,

Thank you for your insight and encouraging words! We are looking forward to seeing an Ollie!
David

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators

Patriot -

If you have trouble getting to see an Oliver, you can virtually always see mine.  I'm located about 30 minutes southwest of Asheville.  Just send me a private message here on the Forum. Glad to help!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

4 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Patriot -

If you have trouble getting to see an Oliver, you can virtually always see mine.  I'm located about 30 minutes southwest of Asheville.  Just send me a private message here on the Forum. Glad to help!

Bill

Bill,

How very kind. I will PM you.

David & Kathy

IMG_2879.jpeg