Pura Vida Hull #586 - Jan 29, 2020 Pickup ... So Excited!!!

Sandral819

Howdy everyone,

My husband (Rankin) and I have been sailing for about 16 years then sold the boat in New Zealand (2017) bought a big fifth wheel which we decided wasn't the way to go, so we sold it then we purchased the Ollie which we will pick up on January 29, 2020.   We are so very excited, and can't wait to be on the road again.  We have joined the Facebook group, have been going through all the videos and are also looking at the forum.  Thank you all for contributing and sharing your knowledge.  We truly appreciate it.  I still have tons of questions, but will first search the forums more before posting any questions.  Y'all take care, safe travels on the road and look forward to meeting you perhaps in May 2020 at the Oliver Rally.

Edited by Sandral819
  • Like 1

• Moderators

Sandral -

Welcome!  Really glad that you are with us and look forward to seeing you at the Owner's Rally.

I'm guessing that owning the Oliver will be more like being on the boat versus being in that big 5th wheel.  It will be interesting to hear your take on it.

Enjoy the Forum searches but don't be afraid to fire those questions!

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Welcome aboard! 

There are a lot of sailors in our group. Some current, some former. I personally think it's because we all get the fiberglass hull thing. Our fiberglass boat is 41 on its last birthday. Our Ollie is a mere 12. But, both are hull number 12. 

I'd love to see photos of your cruising adventures.  Especially New Zealand and Australia.  We've flown out, and camped extensively,  but the boat has never made it that far. 🙃 it has spent its life in the Caribbean,  and Florida. 

I truly think you'll love the Oliver. Most sailors do. It's still 12 volt life, small space life. But definitely easier for two to handle than a cruising sailboat, imo. And far less maintenance. 

Sherry 

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Welcome from hull #211.  Thinking about your comments. Another thing to like about the Oliver... I don't have to "touch-up" the bottom paint in the Spring. (what's a y'all?). See you around the fire, and be sure to ask the questions, besides lines becoming ropes, everything is about the same...