Favorite Camping Supply Stores

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Some of my favorite sites may surprise others. Then again, not.

Costco:

tires, camping pants, jackets, Scott's toilet paper, various food items along the way .

Biggest savings, gasoline. We watch for Costco along the highway, in US and Canada.  Always 6 cents a gallon better, sometimes 30 cents better. In Iceland,  a whopping 80 cents a gallon,  at least..

Amazon Prime.

Who doesn't go there? I've bought everything from solar panels, to shrink wrap connectors and o rings, plus many odd bits here. Love the free shipping. Even when sending to a neighboring address.

IKEA 

oranizers. Floormats. Rugs. Coffee mugs. Comforters and pillows. Bandages. Veggie meatless balls.

Big one: The big blue bags that haul groceries,  laundry, firewood, etc. And so much more.

Aldi.

Aldi has totally stepped up its organic game, and gluten free game, for grocery shopping.

Plus all the cool weekly buys--  camping chairs, mattress pads, cookware, portable butane burner, boot trays, storage containers, etc etc... The fun of following the aldi ads .

In Australia,  we saw a porta pott on sale at Aldi. Haven't seen that here, but our 10 year old camping chairs from Aldi USA are doing great .

Camping world store:

often our last resort. But, sometimes,  the handiest spot, as they pop up every 100 to 200 miles along the east coast.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Funny, we’re Costco members but it’s never occurred to me to look for one when we’re out on the road. Of course, I always drive until my gas gauge is on empty and my wife is filing divorce papers from the passenger seat, so I usually get gas at whatever place I see first.  Usually a Pilot or Loves, which we have a card for that saves us a bit.  

Amazon and IKEA definitely benefitted when we were first kitting our our trailer. IKEA stuff is hit or miss with us - about half the stuff we got there ended up in the attic or trash, but the other half we find indispensable. But the stuff we didn’t like was all cheap enough that it was worth the experiment. 

Edited by Overland

• Moderators

We frequented IKEA and Aldi when we lived in Europe. There are no Aldi’s in San Antonio and the only IKEA is a 45 minute drive. Camping World is about an hour away so we’re Walmart and Costco shoppers, mostly. HEB for food. Most camping stuff, though, comes from Amazon Prime unless we’re on the road. 

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS