Pex Connectors

Ken_Judy

• Moderators

I'd bet they are still plastic.  But, a quick call to Service (1-866-205-2621) will get you the quick real answer.

Bill

p.s.  I just re-read the thread and I was assuming that you were asking about the "supports" that are being used to "force" the pex into a 90 degree bend.  I don't think that Oliver has gone back to using actual 90 degree fittings but I could be wrong.  In either case - a quick call will get you the "proper" answer.

Edited by topgun2
added info

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 1/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, DavidS said:

After having had a Pex Elbow fail while camped in the middle of nowhere (details HERE in an earlier Sharkbite thread), I recommend all owners get Pex repair parts and tools in advance. After my experience I suggested a crimping tool with clamps ($26.99), and some brass elbows ($8.99) from Amazon. Also some 3 foot segments of Pex tubing from any hardware store; Amazon seems to sell Pex in 50 or 100 foot rolls. 

I also keep my Pex stuff in the water pump compartment. 

David,

I also see the following here , it has a cutter in addition to the crimper.  did you already have a cutter, or was the pack w/cutter not available when you bought??

I have Wirsbo which is a PEX, throughout our home, so I have plenty of fittings.  

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

Those crimpers are pretty bulky, so if you want to keep your repair kit simple, a few small hose clamps will work as well as the crimps, and you can easily get a straight enough cut with a utility knife. The goal for field repairs is to get you going again - you can always come back later to do a proper repair. 

Edited by Overland
  • Thanks 1