Ordered our Ollie

katanapilot

Just made the plunge to move from a small motor home to an Ollie.  We took a plant tour a week ago and were impressed.  Primary motivation was for our Alaska trip next year.  I don't trust either the Mercedes chassis nor the (unnamed) coach on the Alaska highway.  I completely trust my Toyota Tundra and from what we saw, the Ollie is more than capable.

We did see "Pura Vida" and several other almost completed trailers on the line during our tour.

Probably not the place for a question - but here goes. What are folks using for bed linens, etc. for the small twin/cot mattresses that are used on the twin bed configuration?

Looking forward to joining in the "family" in May.  We signed up for a February production slot that became available.

The Ellis Family from Locust Grove (Atlanta suburb)

• Like 1

Welcome!  I don't have much to offer in the way of Oliver experience, as we are waiting for our late March delivery.  Let us know how your delivery goes.

Jason and Sonja are located in western Wyoming near Pinedale, WY.

Oliver Elite II #609 (2020)

TV: 2017 Ram 3500

• Moderators

Mainiac's idea is a good one - I use a sleeping bag.  However, I also have a fitted sheet under the sleeping bag and even a mattress pad under that.  There are a number of "posts" here on the Forum that discuss various sources for sheets that fit.  However, mine was just a plain old twin mattress sheet that was altered slightly to fit the slightly smaller size of the Oliver mattress.  With the mattress pad I use four ( one on each corner) of those elastic sheet tighteners to take up the slack.

https://www.amazon.com/Suspenders-Adjustable-Fasteners-Grippers-Mattress/dp/B07BLPWKDS/ref=sr_1_9?crid=NJ12MPTHLHXQ&keywords=elastic+sheet+corner+fasteners&qid=1579357449&sprefix=elastic+sheet%2Caps%2C149&sr=8-9

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We used regular twin sheets for a couple of years. Just tucked them in good and used the elastic fasteners Bill mentions above. For the past couple of years we’ve been using custom sheets from AB Lifestyle. We got mattress pads, fitted and top sheets. They are a perfect fit for the twin beds. You can do a search on this forum for ablifesyles and you’ll see a number of threads.  Or go to their web site and look at what they have available for the Oliver. Welcome!  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

3 hours ago, katanapilot said:

Just made the plunge to move from a small motor home to an Ollie.  We took a plant tour a week ago and were impressed.  Primary motivation was for our Alaska trip next year.  I don't trust either the Mercedes chassis nor the (unnamed) coach on the Alaska highway.  I completely trust my Toyota Tundra and from what we saw, the Ollie is more than capable.

We did see "Pura Vida" and several other almost completed trailers on the line during our tour.

Probably not the place for a question - but here goes. What are folks using for bed linens, etc. for the small twin/cot mattresses that are used on the twin bed configuration?

Looking forward to joining in the "family" in May.  We signed up for a February production slot that became available.

The Ellis Family from Locust Grove (Atlanta suburb)

Welcome from the Savannah area.  I bought sheets, pads and blankets from ABlifestyles and they fit the Oliver perfectly.  I talked to "Janice" and her number is:  1-800-825-4533.  She was extremely helpful and I received them in just a few days.

• Like 1

These mattresses are falsely advertised by Oliver as “twin sized”. They are in fact bunk sized (30 inches wide) and a set of generic fitted bunk linens work fine, you just have to deal with some extra material at the outside rear curve. This works way better than using a twin set, which has extra material everywhere.

I bought a bunch of twin sized linens before delivery and discovered the first night that it was the wrong size. I still get a little unsettled when I think about it, especially since Oliver has done nothing to correct the description.

I keep a thick mattress protector and a pretty cover on both our beds. I sleep on top in a sleeping bag with thin liner, my wife prefers sleeping between sheets and an additional blanket. My side always looks neater. 😉

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I personally found that the custom sized sheets from AB Lifestyles were too narrow and so the sheets tended to twist up at night.  So we had better luck with regular twin sheets, just tucked in more at the back.  Of course they may have changed their sizing since then. 

But like the others who posted above, it wasn't long before we switched to just a bottom sheet and sleeping bags, and then later we ditched the mattresses all together in favor of cushions.  We just didn't have the patience to make beds every morning, and the cushions seem just as comfortable to us.  So in the morning now we just stuff the sleeping bags in the closet and that's it.  

Edited by Overland

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2020 at 9:31 PM, katanapilot said:

Thanks for all the replies. 

Congrats on placing your new Ollie order.

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 4 months later...
On 1/18/2020 at 5:21 AM, katanapilot said:

We just did the same . . . . put down a deposit to secure a build date . . . . . chose a later slot as we didn't want to travel from PNW, cross country in Dec/Jan.

Our situation mirrors yours.  Have had a high-quality 25' Class B+.  No reliability issues with the coach . . . . but the MB chassis is too unreliable for us to confidently take long road trips.  Twice we have had issues with wheel-speed sensors; very inconvenient when the Mercedes brain says, "nope . . . . the engine isn't going to continue to run under these conditions".   Still under warranty, but MB service centers are few and far between when you get away from highly populated areas.  We trust our 2013 F350 to get us where we want to go.

As for linens (assuming you plan to get regular mattresses and not use the standard pads) I made fitted sheets to fit the non-standard twin mattresses on our current RV.  Easy to do, using flat top sheets.  You can find many blogs and Youtube videos with step-by-step instructions.  We also purchased bunk size mattress protectors from AB Lifestyles.  

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg