Hello from NW Oregon

Mcmac

My wife and I are in the process of buying a 2014 Ollie Elite II which we found this weekend in Arizona. I’ve been looking at them for years, and wasn’t going to pick one up just yet, but when ran across the listing and saw that it had most of the upgrades I wanted, I decided what the heck let’s leap and join the Ollie family.

Still need to finish the buying process this week and then figure out how I’m going to pull off a last minute trip to the Phoenix area to bring it home.

I had a question for you all... you talk about you hull numbers... are these marked on the trailers somewhere?

Looking forward to reading the many posts here in the forum and learning as much as I can. This is our first RV... I’ve had a boat for 20 years however.

Mike and Deb

Mike and Deb.  2014 Legacy Elite II  Hull Number 061 Twin Bed - Tow Vehicle 2017 Toyota Tundra

Welcome. Oliver customer service sent out complementary gold metal Hull Number placards last summer to all owners, I believe. I put ours in the entrance above the main switch panel. So you might see one stuck somewhere. If not, send them an email with your personal info for their records, and ask for a Hull Number placard.

Where do you live? I am very fond of that half of Oregon. Not so much the Wet Side....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

39 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

Welcome. Oliver customer service sent out complementary gold metal Hull Number placards last summer to all owners, I believe. I put ours in the entrance above the main switch panel. So you might see one stuck somewhere. If not, send them an email with your personal info for their records, and ask for a Hull Number placard.

Where do you live? I am very fond of that half of Oregon. Not so much the Wet Side....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Hey John, we live west of Portland in Hillsboro. Thanks for the info on finding the hull number.

Mike and Deb.  2014 Legacy Elite II  Hull Number 061 Twin Bed - Tow Vehicle 2017 Toyota Tundra

1 hour ago, Overland said:

For a 2014 model, the hull number will be the last 3 digits of the VIN, which you’ll find on a sticker on the front left of the trailer. 

Congratulations on the new purchase! 

Thanks Overland. The only thing I’ve been given by the dealer is a serial number... hopefully that’s it. If so, this is #061. Thanks again for the quick reply.

1 hour ago, Mcmac said:

Hey John, we live west of Portland in Hillsboro. Thanks for the info on finding the hull number.

Oops, I misread your NW to mean NE. Senior moment, I apologize. No offense intended, I just don’t like the crowds (and climate) on that side.....I have a sister who lives up on the hill 1 mile west of downtown Portland.

John Davies

Spokane Wa

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

6 hours ago, John E Davies said:

Oops, I misread your NW to mean NE. Senior moment, I apologize. No offense intended, I just don’t like the crowds (and climate) on that side.....I have a sister who lives up on the hill 1 mile west of downtown Portland.

John Davies

Spokane Wa

Not a problem.... I don’t really care for it here either. I prefer your side of the mountains... which is a big part of us wanting to be able to hook up and get away. Initially, my plans were to sell and leave after I retire, but the grandkids have come (9 in 6years) and grandma is becoming reluctant to leave. I guess she can always come visit me :  )

• Thanks 1

Congratulations. We’re in Arizona (Mesa) and have a 2014, hull #62! If you need any assistance being so far away I’m happy to help in anyway I can.

I’ve asked someone at Oliver for a hull plaque a couple times and in spite of them saying they would send it I haven’t yet...

Darren

2014 Oliver Elite II, Hull #62

3 hours ago, topgun2 said:

djpinaz -

Drop Matt Duncan an email at - mduncan@olivertechnologies.com - I'm sure that he will be able to help you get your hull # plate.

Bill

Thanks Bill. I'll reach out to Matt. In their defense, each time I've asked it was a "by the way, any chance I can get..." while we were in the middle of discussing an issue or I was in the process of purchasing a part, so it most likely was just forgotten.

Darren

5 hours ago, djpinaz said:

Congratulations. We’re in Arizona (Mesa) and have a 2014, hull #62! If you need any assistance being so far away I’m happy to help in anyway I can.

I’ve asked someone at Oliver for a hull plaque a couple times and in spite of them saying they would send it I haven’t yet...

Darren

Thanks Darren,

I appreciate the offer for assistance... Odds are good that I'll have a question or two. Definitely excited to pick it up and start learning what I need to know to get the most out it. Going to be fun.

Mike

39 minutes ago, Mcmac said:

Thanks Darren,

I appreciate the offer for assistance... Odds are good that I'll have a question or two. Definitely excited to pick it up and start learning what I need to know to get the most out it. Going to be fun.

Mike

I'm still a little green having purchased ours in October, but I feel like I've read every thread (although only retained a fraction of the information). Depending on timing and location, I'm happy to meet you when you're picking it up to answer any questions I can. 

Darren

• Like 1

2 hours ago, djpinaz said:

I'm still a little green having purchased ours in October, but I feel like I've read every thread (although only retained a fraction of the information). Depending on timing and location, I'm happy to meet you when you're picking it up to answer any questions I can. 

Darren

Thanks Darren,

Appreciate the offer. I'm thinking the weekend of Feb 14... but need to get an absolute confirmation first.

Mike

That is going to be a tricky drive in mid winter, are you going to stick to Interstate 5? Ever towed in snow? 

Be safe and take your time coming back. Maybe hit some CA beach campgrounds on the way.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

Recommend that you winterize the trailer for the winter trip.  For your first trip, give yourself lots of extra time.  Check when the last full running gear service was completed.  I highly recommend you read John Davies posts about bearings and Timken seals.  If you don't get a good answer about the condition, age and service history, go to Timken and buy new bearings and seals.  Keep an extra set of seals for annual bearing maintenance as well.  (All this is in John's posts.) 

PS:  Welcome to the Oliver Family!  🙂

Edited by Geronimo John
  • Thanks 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

On 1/20/2020 at 4:41 PM, John E Davies said:

That is going to be a tricky drive in mid winter, are you going to stick to Interstate 5? Ever towed in snow? 

Be safe and take your time coming back. Maybe hit some CA beach campgrounds on the way.

John Davies

Spokane WA

John,

Odds are that we'll be on I-5 coming over the Siskiyous where we'd encounter snow if there is any.

Probably not going to get to do much camping for leisure as I need to get back home for work as soon as possible. Just hoping we don't get a storm that week.

On 1/20/2020 at 7:29 PM, Geronimo John said:

Recommend that you winterize the trailer for the winter trip.  For your first trip, give yourself lots of extra time.  Check when the last full running gear service was completed.  I highly recommend you read John Davies posts about bearings and Timken seals.  If you don't get a good answer about the condition, age and service history, go to Timken and buy new bearings and seals.  Keep an extra set of seals for annual bearing maintenance as well.  (All this is in John's posts.) 

PS:  Welcome to the Oliver Family!  🙂

Thanks John,

Good information and I'll check out Johns post regarding seals and bearings.

What I've been able to find out so far is the previous owner was good about keeping up on maintenance... was back at Oliver about a year ago for a check up and routine maintenance according to Oliver service department.

Mike