Forrest Fenn Treasure

EdandNancy

Anybody interested in, or even heard about, the treasure chest that is supposed to be hidden somewhere in the Rockies? Big area, I know. It was supposedly hidden by New Mexico resident Forrest Fenn about 10 years ago. In one of 4 states. New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, or Montana. Any of you western states Ollie's been searching for it? Fenn wrote a poem that has 9 clues that he says will lead to the chest. There is a ton of information available online of course. Seems like a good excuse to get out and enjoy some nice hiking in some beautiful areas of the country. 

Ed

Ed and Nancy Burgin

2019 Ford F-150 Lariat, 3.5 EB w/max tow package

2 hours ago, Overland said:

Never looked for it but it sounds like a lot of fun if you've got the time.  

I think there's a clause in the Oliver sales agreement through that if you find the treasure you have to share equally with the forum moderators.  

I think you spelled moderators wrong. It’s spelled members. Lol

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Landrover said:

I think you spelled moderators wrong. It’s spelled members. Lol

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I find it very interesting as well. Some folks might say it should have been found by now if it was really hidden. But in 2015, park officials found a 132 year old rifle leaning against a tree in Great Basin National Park. 

Overland.... for all the good work you moderators do, you deserve a cut!

Ed and Nancy Burgin

2019 Ford F-150 Lariat, 3.5 EB w/max tow package

I think that with a nasty history like Fenn's - which includes looting SW historical sites and selling forged art masters - we should just consider this buried treasure to be a huge wild goose chase. If you want an excuse to walk around with your head bent, looking for stuff, it would be more rewarding to start geocaching. Tho even that harmless pursuit can cause great unrest if an uneasy person sees you poking around or digging, or leaving behind a suspicious box. .... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geocaching#Reception

I would not mind stumbling across a classic lever action rifle in the woods, I have been to Great Basin and that didn't happen. Maybe next time.... but it would have to be given over to the Park ranger.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 6/7/2020 at 6:41 PM, Overland said:

He/she will be ordering an Ollie soon!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg