Outlander propane Fire bowl

Patriot

During a recent holiday sale we ordered this Outlander fire bowl for $75.00 off Amazon. It has a lot of great reviews and could come in handy during a wood fire ban at a campground. It arrived in perfect condition and fired up nicely and has a carry handle. It packs up nice and is fairly light but well built. Nothing beats a beautiful wood campfire, but in a pinch this sure beats looking at the ground or not having a fire at all. Based on how easy it lights, packs up and stores I would buy it again. Hope this helps anyone considering a propane fire pit.

Happy Camping!

14EA78B3-58B2-4516-9ECD-CAF1264DD1C4.jpeg

697E1C1C-10AC-4053-9005-2D499D60856D.jpeg

46CDDF8C-C513-4831-9DF8-31C30D3AB026.jpeg

166BC423-8ED3-48D0-9E94-8E8983A99F0A.png

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

$75 for the Outland fire pit sounds like an incredible bargain!

We have one of these, and we really like it. In addition to the virtues that  @Patriot listed, we like that the propane fire pit connects to Ollie's propane quick connect (adaptor cable needed), that unlike a wood fire it does not blow smoke in our faces (Susan really likes this!), and it is quick and easy to shut off, without needed to douse the fire with water. Our last trip before purchasing the Outland fire bowl was boondocking on BLM land near Moab. We had a nice wood fire, but water is a precious commodity to use for putting out a fire!

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

13 minutes ago, DavidS said:

$75 for the Outland fire pit sounds like an incredible bargain!

We have one of these, and we really like it. In addition to the virtues that  @Patriot listed, we like that the propane fire pit connects to Ollie's propane quick connect (adaptor cable needed), that unlike a wood fire it does not blow smoke in our faces (Susan really likes this!), and it is quick and easy to shut off, without needed to douse the fire with water. Our last trip before purchasing the Outland fire bowl was boondocking on BLM land near Moab. We had a nice wood fire, but water is a precious commodity to use for putting out a fire!

David it was Actually $80 with tax. Sorry my math error. 

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

We have an Outland also, and despite being bulky it's one of the first things to get packed.  It gets a lot of comments from jealous campground neighbors.  I'd recommend getting an extension hose for it so that you have more options when setting up camp.  Also, we did have a problem once with the hose connection at the regulator coming loose and leaking.  Just needed a pair of pliers to fix, but it gave me quite a start to look down and see flames around the connection.  It was surely my fault since I swapped out the hose at one point, but it's worth being aware of the possibility.  

Also, if you want to destroy a nice camping chair, just leave it unattended by the campfire on a windy night for a few moments.  

IMG_3734.thumb.jpg.fa03b60669efa13d58521430c6abfb72.jpg

Edited by Overland
  • Sad 1