Where’s Ollie?

• Moderators

Pete & Boskar,

That picture is so good I would think that the sales folks at Oliver would have interest in using it in advertising.  Just might be worth a milkbone or two for Boskar?  Nice to see that another critter will help fill the void.  Everyone of these little guys is different - not a replacement.  Enjoy!  Having a puppy is sooooooo interesting.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I camped near the giant General Sherman tree, at Lodgepole campground. The picture was taken during my descent to the southern exit. It is very very very winding road with many miles of hairpin curves. You folks in the Ollie II should call ahead to make sure they’ll allow you on that route. Here is a comment from the park’s information: Generals Highway The section of the Generals Highway leading from the Sequoia park entrance to the Giant Forest sequoia grove was built in the early 1920s and connot accommodate longer vehicles. Vehicles longer than 22 feet (6.7 m) are not advised between Potwisha Campground and the Giant Forest Museum in Sequoia National Park. Good luck . . . (sometimes being short comes in handy)

Hmmm.  So how is vehicle length determined in this case?  Total length from hitch to bumper is the obvious answer, but the dimension that would matter most here, imo, would be the distance between the tow vehicle's rear axle and the centerline of the Oliver's axles.

• Moderators
Pete & Boskar, That picture is so good I would think that the sales folks at Oliver would have interest in using it in advertising. Just might be worth a milkbone or two for Boskar? Nice to see that another critter will help fill the void. Everyone of these little guys is different – not a replacement. Enjoy! Having a puppy is sooooooo interesting. Bill

They are welcome to it.  No dogbones requred.  Ya listening, Anita?  Use it as you wish . . .

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Hats off to all the folks at Oliver, service was top quality!  Good to see Jason, Heather, and Anita during the trip, too!!!!!!

Bill, that white on white with the Toyota is a great look

Randy, Thanks!!!!   Just got home and ran through plenty of rain during the last three days. The rig is dirty, but the white on white is still looking good!

…especially with the snow all around!

Mike, Thanks!!!   The snow was an added bonus for the photo.  It was 32F when the photo was taken with snow on Tuesday. Woke up this Thursday morning at Fall Hollow TN and the inside temp in the Ollie was 69F, without heat.

Experimented with and without cruise control during this trip in the TN & NC mountains.  With cruise set at 61MPH for 200+ miles got 11.5MPG. Not using cruise for 200+ miles with target speed of 61MPH slowing to 55MPH going up hills and up to 65MPH down hills got 13.5MPG. Amazed at how easy the Ollie tows.

• Thanks 1

LE2

I really enjoy the auto cruise that adjusts to the speed of the people ahead of you and then you set the distance behind for yourself. My tv basically drives itself, so if I'm distracted by something, it's making moves on its own to keep me on the road, between the lines or 50' behind the vehicle ahead of me. I've let it stop us at stop lights and then restart again on its own just for fun. It's a little fast at take off from a stop light and I do prefer driving my self but for a car driving itself, it's all good... :)

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

Bill,

Isn't that the truth about the service at Oliver?  I've never had a bad experience with either the people or the work that they have done.  Actually, they have always exceeded what was expected either by the quality or by doing things that were not expected.  Really makes one feel good about the decision to purchase the product in the first place.

Bill

• Thanks 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bill, Isn’t that the truth about the service at Oliver? I’ve never had a bad experience with either the people or the work that they have done. Actually, they have always exceeded what was expected either by the quality or by doing things that were not expected. Really makes one feel good about the decision to purchase the product in the first place. Bill

Bill,

Jason is great to work with on the service side of things. They did a nice job on everything I wanted done and also made improvements free of charge on items I was not aware of. Their service cost is very reasonable, too.  Even though we purchased our Ollie used, we have been welcomed into the Oliver Family.  We are less than 500 miles from "Mother Ship", is that your term? I normally like to do the majority of the maintenance on stuff we own, but since we are not too far from Oliver, made the decision to let them do more of the maintenance/upgrades I normally do after this last visit.

Had a fine discussion with Heather and Anita in Sales, about features non Ollie owners are looking for in a travel trailer that would cause them to consider Oliver.  Hats off to Oliver's willingness to make improvements and upgrades based on input from new and experienced camper owners.

Couple additional photos taken of OliverTravel Trailers receiving finishing touches on Wednesday earlier this week:

IMG_1929.jpg.7343ead69516c3b2c4a4937ddb6e81d0.jpg

Our Ollie is Left and closer unit in this photo:

IMG_1930.jpg.00f7310edc7ade4dc989dc5ba3a37d91.jpg

• Thanks 2

LE2

• Moderators

Bill, I do empathize with those folks (thinking of Buzzy) that live a bit of a distance from the Mothership.  Sometimes it is the little things that the guys at the plant do that you are (were) not expecting that make all the difference on the enjoyment, practically, and/or usefulness of a particular aspect of the Oliver.  I certainly know that it is not possible for some of these folks to re-visit Hohenwald but, if at all possible, a trip at least every couple of years would seem to make sense to me.

Bill

• Thanks 2

Here we are at Bristlecone Pines and Grant Lake in the Eastern Sierra.

That dirt trail is very steep and has lots of dips.  Ollie works well on trails with its good ground clearance and no pipes hanging down.

unnamed-4.thumb.jpg.5c1c9690279c09165022f74bac710db2.jpg

unnamed.thumb.jpg.93cbed302ef5b371d1232f353620fe5c.jpg

unnamed-5.thumb.jpg.31ef050aa91eb0e5cbf02f411199f8c6.jpg

unnamed-6.thumb.jpg.39f4db304c002fd0cc2ff4755a136b75.jpg

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

That dirt trail is very steep and has lots of dips. Ollie works well on trails with its good ground clearance and no pipes hanging down.

It still looks as if the departure angle is inadequate..... is there any damage visible on the lower surface of the bumper?

I would worry about hanging up the bumper hard on a rock outcrop. A spring over axle suspension lift is the best solution.

And/ or a long full width steel skid plate in back, but the latter would require re-building the bumper so that it hinges upward. Not a project for the faint hearted. But it beats pulling that beautiful back bumper off on some rough track.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Mike & Carol & Bill,

I emptied that pot of gold a few years ago and put the top back on so it would appear unmolested.  It helped me build the storage unit for The Wonder Egg and my new Jurassic Park fence!

But don't tell Steve.  He'll have a lot of fun looking for it.  he, he, he

Pete

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators
Mike & Carol & Bill, I emptied that pot of gold a few years ago and put the top back on so it would appear unmolested. It helped me build the storage unit for The Wonder Egg and my new Jurassic Park fence! But don’t tell Steve. He’ll have a lot of fun looking for it. he, he, he Pete

Pete, when we get home we need to come by and see the new fence.  Steve said it was a sight to behold!

The pot was empty, but made for a good picture. Mike

• Haha 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+

We have finished our business in Tucson and have just filled up with gasoline. We are headed East on Interstate 10 and it will be our home for the next few days.

The forum seems blessedly devoid of drama currently. We can only hope that it remains so.

• Thanks 7

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

rfynw30hjhexkwowcxgga1uhxf14eajw.thumb.jpg.66dd1952526493f398fdd9465cd5ca05.jpg

This is at Indian Cove Campground on Joshua Tree National Park, California last month (February).  Sites are nestled up to huge rocks.  No hook ups but toilets and dumpsters close by.  $10/night.

i54lqyts6w4x35d4p2bmegxslxf27ulg.jpg.3ed16555d0e5188840907dbeb1554ec3.jpg

Good hiking at Joshua Tree and lots of rock climbing (if you are young and daring!).  This is a great park to visit and it was not very crowded.  Mike

• Thanks 5

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Good hiking at Joshua Tree and lots of rock climbing (if you are young and daring!). This is a great park to visit and it was not very crowded.

Unbelievable view Mike! Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

We enjoy camping at State Parks, Army Corps of Engineers, and other Federal parks around the nation. We camped at Cumberland Mountain SP Crossville TN earlier this week. There's a Jack Nicklaus designed golf course next to the State Park, too.

i-GvjgxGm-M.jpg

i-6L5h5DZ-M.jpg

i-zr2zM3r-M.jpg

i-w6zc4Bq-M.jpg

i-rnhF8KW-M.jpg

• Thanks 5

LE2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

xo2jeingp0jrnb4qv8hdwqyhvtro88iw.thumb.jpg.85c4d080d03e00d3c613a50afc325749.jpg

This is Caddo Lake State Park on the TX/LA border.  We're on our way to the rally, stopping at state parks and COE campgrounds along the way.  Trivia: Caddo Lake is the only naturally formed lake in Texas!  Mike

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Bill,

I've got room in the truck for my clubs.  Camping and golfing - what a great combination!

We've camped in two locations this trip with nice water falls.  Helen, GA and Anna Ruby Falls, and here at Big South Fork NRRA and Yahoo Falls.  We hiked to Yahoo Falls yesterday, it's 113 feet and you can walk behind it.  No golf course though!  Mike

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Gooood morning WORLD!   From our campsite at Coles Creek State Park, NY, to you.

"Sunrise over the St Lawrence"

59kb952e1sdx47brigvo8cc7u7jn6xe1.jpg.8725fe6f84ef1b80734efaaa346053c0.jpg

• Thanks 8