Where’s Ollie?

• Moderators
Rumor has it that if Pete doesn’t get up early, Boscar gets his revenge.

Hahahaaa ...  You are so right Bill!   Bosker has enrolled me in a six month training class during our travels this year.  Yesterday, at 0530 hrs, the lesson was "OK, Pete.  When I make a low growl like THIS you have two minutes to get me to some grass or you'll be sorry.  Bwahahahaaa!"

The bad news was that the lesson began in the weeee hour of the morning.  But serendipity happens, and we were greeted with the beautiful sunrise.  Thanks, Bosker!  What is my next lesson?

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Pete - at first I thought 0530 hrs shouldn't be a problem for an ex-military man.  But, then I remembered that you were accustomed to the easy life of an aviator.  Besides the beautiful sunrise and possibility of damp sheets I have to imagine that it is seriously difficult to ignore such a cute pup.  Obviously Bosker is having fun training you.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 1 month later...

Just returned home from camping on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Mount Pisgah NC. We like to camp there when it gets warm and humid in the lower elevations. Warm and humid here at home, so need to head back to the BRP soon!

Mount Pisgah Campground:

IMG_0148-M.jpg

Overlook on BRP:

IMG_0160-M.jpg

Skinny Dip Falls, short hike from BRP milepost 417:

IMG_2346-M.jpg

Moore Cove Falls, short hike from Rt. 276:

IMG_2360-M.jpg

• Thanks 4

Bill #75 LE2

• Administrators
Just returned home from camping on the Blue Ridge Parkway at Mount Pisgah NC. We like to camp there when it gets warm and humid in the lower elevations. Warm and humid here at home, so need to head back to the BRP soon! Mount Pisgah Campground: IMG_0148-M.jpg Overlook on BRP: IMG_0160-M.jpg Skinny Dip Falls, short hike from BRP milepost 417: IMG_2346-M.jpg Moore Cove Falls, short hike from Rt. 276: IMG_2360-M.jpg

rideandfly - I love your photos! May I use one on our facebook? We are ALWAYS looking for great high resolution photos that we can post! GREAT SHOTS and thank you for sharing with us!

- Jason

• Like 1

Full Stack Developer/Marketing @ Oliver Companies

Oliver Forums Guidelines & Rules

rideandfly – I love your photos! May I use one on our facebook? We are ALWAYS looking for great high resolution photos that we can post! GREAT SHOTS and thank you for sharing with us! – Jason

Jason,

Please use any of my photos you want, the photos posted are reduced resolution, but happy to forward any full resolution shots you may want.

The evening before heading to Mount Pisgah, found what is really at the end of the rainbow:

IMG_0145-M.jpg

Thanks,

Bill

• Thanks 5

Bill #75 LE2

Bill:

We love camping along the entire Blue Ridge Parkway, this is one of our return to locations many time over the past years.  In the fall we try to spend a couple of weeks on the BRP in various campgrounds.

• Thanks 3

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

Check out the reflection of the icebergs on the side of the 9 year old Wonder Egg.

Fogo Island, Newfoundland.

ww4p3m2ldr8lqcp7c1wq7zwcejgabpdy.jpg.7ecce650b2e3f9282df7669cb6e2c679.jpg

• Thanks 8

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Mike, Hope you don't mind this photo from an Ollie camping trip last August.

Bill: We love camping along the entire Blue Ridge Parkway, this is one of our return to locations many time over the past years. In the fall we try to spend a couple of weeks on the BRP in various campgrounds.

Horace & Dianne,

Debbie and I plan to camp on the BRP, probably Mount Pisgah, during August, too. Hope to go for a motorcycle ride on the BRP later this week.  Hopefully will meet y'all while camping on the BRP!

Took this shot on the BRP in VA during a Ollie camping trip last year:

Mabry Mill VA:

i-tchZsRj-M.jpg

• Thanks 4

Bill #75 LE2

Bill:

We have stopped at Mabry Mill VA many times; our daughter and her family live in Radford, VA so it's not to far from her home.  It will be October before we will be doing any camping on the Blue Ridge Parkway.  We are leaving in a few days for points west; including Colorado, Utah, Arizona and other states in the area.  Not sure of how long we will be gone.

Hopefully someday we will cross paths on the BRP, safe travels.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

Ridenfly, beautiful shot. We've been there, but you're a far better photographer.

Anyone going to Mt Pisgah, the cg has no views. But across the road, at the inn, the layered views of the mountains is just awe inspiring. Until noon.

Go for breakfast. Reasonable prices. Absolutely the best restaurant views on the parkway. Bar none. Floor to ceiling glass in the restaurant. I posted a photo years ago. I'll see if I can find it.

Just, omg, go there for breakfast... After the sun moves across, dinner views arent so great...imo.

If you don't have the time to drive the entire parkway, and the Shenandoah , honestly, the fifty mile stretch around Asheville gives you the best of the parkway. If you have a little more time, the Linville viaduct is an amazing engineering feat, and not that much further.

Life in the parkway/ slow lane is great.

Sherry

• Thanks 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the forecast was warm and humid this weekend, we headed back to Mount Pisgah Campground NC on the Blue Ridge Parkway to get out of the heat. Had the pleasure to meet another forum member. Hiked to Crabtree Falls NC close to BRP, too!

Mr. Trumpetguy:

IMG_0204-M.jpg

Crabtree Falls NC close to BRP:

IMG_2405-M.jpg

IMG_2393-XL.jpg

• Thanks 3

Bill #75 LE2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I believe The Wonder Egg ( hull #14 ) is the first deep water Oliver.  We are currently located in the I'sle de la Madeleine where Bosker and I will be exploring the wonderful French Quebec culture where the waters of the Northwest Atlantic mix with the waters flowing from the Great Lakes and St Lawrence River.  An amazing journey . . .

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

Love your fb photos. Wish we were there.

Bosker is growing up before our eyes.

On your way home, there's a campsite in nb that you should not miss. It's amazing. Looking out to Campbell, and the maelstrom, and the local ferries, and seals and wildlife.

I juggled out schedule so we could stay a few days extra.

Have a great trip!!!!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.