Outdoor Shower Curtain

jo79RI

For the outside one, no, there is no curtain, nor am I aware of any way to attach one. You could use a free standing enclosure, but you would need to extend the shower hose for it to reach. I think that most people don’t use it for bathing, rather for a quick rinse of your feet or your dog’s paws.

There are a bunch of “pop open” enclosures starting at about $50. You toss it up in the air and it self erects in the air. Pretty cool to watch. Getting it put back to its storage frisbee shape can be a challenge .... practice at home and do not lose the instructions.

I personally would not miss the shower if it were gone. I have only used it a couple of times in three seasons....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

This occurred to me, if you are only rinsing off, just wear your bathing suit or whatever, and use no soap.

If you are wanting a full cleaning, most campgrounds won’t let you dump the soapy grey water on the ground, especially if there is a shower inside for you to use, either your own or the campground’s. The camp host might give you a stern lecture.

If you are out in the boonies, I agree, just don’t worry about any nudity or soap. Before Ollie I took naked showers under a solar shower bag, it feels great to get the sweat and dust off after a hike or dirt bike ride. Now I always use the inside one.... what a luxury! If you are inside, you don’t have to put your clothes back on. LOL.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Here's a link to mossemi's mod.  Looks like a good solution: 

We have a pop up shower/toilet tent for tent camping.  It never gets packed now, but it was useful back in the day.  The biggest problem with outdoor showers is draining the water away so that you don't end up standing in a puddle of mud.  I saw a portable shower pan one time that you could hook a hose to, to drain the water away.  It was a good start to an idea, but the pan was solid, so it was bulky and heavy.  You'd think something could be moulded from rubber that could be rolled up.  

• Thanks 1

• Moderators

My shower tent has a floor in it with mesh drain all around.  I use it for both the shower (along with a solar shower bag) and for a toilet (using "double doodie" bags).  Allowing grey water to disperse on the ground is even allowable in some of the campgrounds in Yellowstone and affords some privacy and keeps the bugs at bay.  The shower tent I have was purchased at WalMart about thirty years ago and will soon need replaced.  WalMart still carries them for about $45.  Using a solar shower bag is a great way to save on propane too.  In all cases - if you are not sure about dumping grey water on the ground - ASK prior to doing it.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Overland said:

Here's a link to mossemi's mod.  Looks like a good solution: 

We have a pop up shower/toilet tent for tent camping.  It never gets packed now, but it was useful back in the day.  The biggest problem with outdoor showers is draining the water away so that you don't end up standing in a puddle of mud.  I saw a portable shower pan one time that you could hook a hose to, to drain the water away.  It was a good start to an idea, but the pan was solid, so it was bulky and heavy.  You'd think something could be moulded from rubber that could be rolled up.  

We built something like Mossemis solution for the outdoor shower on the back wall of the shabin, at our camping property, about 10 years ago. Total cost, with leftover pvc pipe and old shower curtains was under $20. 

Overland,  a collapsible baby tub might work in your shower enclosure.  OXo and a few others make them. 

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.