Andersen Levelers

Patriot

In making good use of our time between now and the time we take delivery of our Ollie in May, I have been ordering a few items that I know we will need and use. Our Andersen levelers arrived today and I spent a whopping $7.68 with a 20% coupon on a plastic tool box from Harbor Freight. I like to keeping all our camp gear organized and so here are a few pics of the tool box.  Nothing fancy, but I think it will get the job done. Hope this might help anyone thinking about storing their levelers. Just passing forward an idea. 👍🏻

Happy Camping!

60AA5DCB-ED3D-4FD4-B8D0-4DA9F9B58B61.jpeg

2DA7B28F-71BC-4FCE-9417-6AC60858379E.jpeg

Edited by Patriot
  • Thanks 4
  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

14 hours ago, AndrewK said:

They work great!  Don't forget a second set of chalks.

The Andersen Jack Blocks work great as well and minimize the need to run the jacks up and down so much.

Andrew

Indeed, I have a set of the Andersen leveler blocks. 👍🏻

58B96F6D-E3BF-4B25-A964-77B5E3748C3E.jpeg

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

We use a pair of 6 X 6" X 10 1/2" pressure treated blocks for the rear stabilizers. We drilled a hole through and put a piece of rope through . Easy to grab and don't take up so much room. (Careful of the toolbox lid. It might leak by the handle if left out in the rain). The blocks can be laid on the side or stacked if terrain is very uneven...

Edited by Mainiac
Autocorrect mispelled

54 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

We use a pair of 6 X 6" X 10 1/2" pressure treated blocks for the rear stabilizers. We drilled a hole through and put a piece of food through . Easy to grab and don't take up so much room. (Careful of the toolbox lid. It might leak by the handle it left out in the rain). The blocks can be laid on the side or stacked if terrain is very uneven...

All good points👍🏻. The tool box will only carry the levelers no tools. I am still undecided about the Andersen jacks. Topgun2 also suggests the 6x6 x11” blocks as well. I may just go that route. The Andersen jacks do take up a lot of space and they may end up on CL.

IMG_2879.jpeg

When ordering and gathering stuff, to fill the time waiting for our Oliver, you tend to use a spare room. Don't do it. There is more room in a garage. Sorry..

Actually almost half of the "stuff" we gathered has never been used. Some we take depends on where we are going. But that is half the fun. Search on here and you fill find list of tools and "essentials" to have on board.

be sure to flash your light and save when we pass, unless there is a place to stop and chat. Happy Trails...

• Thanks 1

As local hosts who are showing our Oliver 2-3 times a month, I finally built this list of some of the top items people buy for their new Oliver.

Maybe this is useful to pending/new owners: Click the link to go to the Amazon list...which includes comments for each item with regards to how it works or fits for Oliver trailers:

Oliver Trailer Outfitters list on Amazon 

Craig & Rose
Hull 505 -Galway Girl

Edited by ctshort09
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

On 2/10/2020 at 10:28 AM, ctshort09 said:

As local hosts who are showing our Oliver 2-3 times a month, I finally built this list of some of the top items people buy for their new Oliver.

Maybe this is useful to pending/new owners: Click the link to go to the Amazon list...which includes comments for each item with regards to how it works or fits for Oliver trailers:

Oliver Trailer Outfitters list on Amazon 

Craig & Rose
Hull 505 -Galway Girl

Thank you.  Does the Oliver come with the hose for the dump station?

• Moderators

The Oliver has wonderful electric jacks, at the tongue, and stabilizer jacks on each side at the rear.

Many of us use Andersons, or lengths of 2 x 6, to drive onto to keep the wheels on solid ground if the site is off level. (Which is many/most sites). Many of us also use some spare 2 x 6 stacked  chunks, or maybe 6 x 6 chunks, , or purchased plastic bits, to shorten the throw of the electric jacks. Saves battery, saves some time setting up and leaving.

Sherry 

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We keep a dozen or so lengths of 2 x 6 lumber in a milk crate in the bed of the truck. Along with our chocks.

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

14 hours ago, jo79RI said:

What are the RV jacks for?  I though Oliver came with jacks you let down?

That's a subject of some debate.  I suggest you search for some older discussions on the matter.

14 hours ago, jo79RI said:

Also, where does all this equipment fit?

LOL, also a very good question.  We only carry chocks and blocks.  The chocks you'll need no matter what, and whatever blocks you use for the jacks is up to you.  We have the lego style, which I think are too heavy and bulky, but they work.  I like the Andersen bucket style blocks, but I refuse to buy anything from that family.

Our blocks have a spot in the back of the truck bed by the tailgate and our chocks go into one of the storage bins on our Leitner rack, along with a mallet to help knock them loose from under the tires when packing up.

Edited by Overland
  • Like 2

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Overland said:

I like the Andersen bucket style blocks, but I refuse to buy anything from that family.

I assume you are referring to Mr Andersen’s defacing of (at least) two sandstone arches in Moab? I think that is a truly atrocious thing to do, but boycotting their entire product line for the act of an idiot seems counterproductive. The hitch works very well, within its intended purposes, and I have had nothing but stellar customer service from the company employees. If I see Mr Andersen in person, I will punch him out for you. 😉

For those members who are scratching their heads....

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/east-idaho-family-facing-backlash-for-reportedly-defacing-corona-arch/article_06e2e5fe-de1a-5094-a557-95e53287525d.html

https://moabtimes.com/2016/05/05/27175611-graffiti-found-etched-into-frame-arch-at-arches-n-p/

“Tread Lightly” does seem to be a very alien concept to him..... From “Justified” Season 4 (may be offensive to some): ..... https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6jy__tBe8eg

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderator+
4 hours ago, Overland said:

I like the Andersen bucket style blocks, but I refuse to buy anything from that family.

I agree wholeheartedly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Don’t buy these

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0751TG8MH/ref=sspa_mw_detail_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tried to use them on 2 separate occasions (on gravel and then on asphalt) and they just scoot along in front of the tires. Read the reviews and heed the warnings. 

I use a stall mat from Tractor Supply cut into 12x24 inch pieces. Works on any surface, conforms to unevenness in the surface (unlike hard plastic or wood), and leaves space to use a chock effectively. 

70D206A0-C6C1-41CE-8E56-E42D20F12A8B.jpeg

68B4CF72-5FCD-4F13-A701-ABD67D05E4D8.jpeg

I also use an old piece of heavy conveyor belting material cut into squares that fit in a milk crate, and 6x6x8 inch tall blocks (left over from shop construction)  that can be used as shown or laid down. The 8 inch height dimension was arrived at using the highly scientific and extremely accurate TWIH method of sizing things, and further validated by TLAR analysis.  (That’s What I Had and That Looks About Right)

5B42CFB9-3A4F-4448-9AD1-85D5899CED95.jpeg

5D5C24BB-15CA-415A-906D-1266CAAE6CC5.jpeg

1A8D37EE-702C-4308-A604-C725D0EFC956.jpeg
I only use these jack stands if we are setting up for extended stays or if I have to set up with the front end elevated.  These don’t carry the weight of the trailer, they are just snugged up to reduce movement in the front.

0107E55C-6012-468B-9330-6C3CD23CBCBF.jpeg

Edited by Townesw
To correct poor smelling and to add additional pontification
  • Thanks 3
  • Like 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

On 2/8/2020 at 8:10 PM, jo79RI said:

I am thinking I will need these also?  I hope to order an Oliver soon.

I use the Anderson's, they work great. Just don't pack them away, there will be the first thing you will need when setting up the trailer. Mine Anderson's fit in a Home Depot orange bucket along with the Anderson wheel chocks, now you have a bucket for your camping needs to use.

trainman

• Thanks 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

We use these for stabilizing the front corners of the trailer once level.  These are very good too for jacking up the side of the trailer for tire/wheel removal repair.  Beauty of these as they are both an adjustable jack stand AND a hydraulic jack.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GJJZ5NI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 1

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

• 1 year later...

For anyone with an Elite 2 who use the Andersen levelers, do they fit between the tires without modification? Andersen indicates that they can be shortened by as much as 4 inches. We used one Andersen leveler on our single-axle teardrop trailer, and am considering getting another one to use when we take delivery of our Elite 2 in September 2021. Thanks.

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

Fargoman - 

Yes, under "normal" circumstances they do fit between the tires without modification.  

However, I've had a couple of occasions where the Andersens have been a bit tight.  So, I either simply kicked them out or took my rubber mallet and gave them a couple of quick tapes.  Mind you that this has happened only a couple of times in over five years.

Bill 

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"