Portable tanks

jo79RI

No, just a single portable tank will suffice for both.  They're going to end up going down the same hole in the ground anyway.

• Like 2

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

If you’re planning to boondock regularly, then the composting toilet would make much more sense for you.  It will last at least 10 days with 2 people and if you do need to go longer you can just take some garbage bags and extra peat moss.  Plus you’ll save a lot of water.

• Like 1

As Overland said, if your a boondocker, and you don't have the composting toilet, H2O will be the larger issue.  I must admit, the composting toilet has served us well, its not smelly, its very easy to use, and, we can get several weeks of use before replacing the medium. I use the coconut coir with a little pine pellets mixed in. We empty the urine tan daily.  And you can drain your grey water tank almost anywhere, as long as you don't put a bunch of stuff down the drain....

• Like 1

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

I was trying to research federal and state law about dumping grey water on the ground its all over the board. One interesting thing is kitchen sink water in some cases is considered black waste water.  Bottom line that most say use common sense. And don’t tic off the enforcement agent 🤬when they come knocking at your door. 

Edited by Landrover
  • Thanks 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

14 hours ago, Landrover said:

Bottom line that most say use common sense. And don’t tic off the enforcement agent 🤬when they come knocking at your door. 

Better yet, camp where the chance of meeting one is zero. Meaning any primitive sites in National Forests out West. They have had such severe financial cutbacks they can’t even maintain the roads, much less patrol them properly..... You just don’t see any Rangers in any area besides their Stations in nearby towns. Twenty  years ago, they were everywhere. So sad.

Developed NFS campgrounds with hosts are a different story, those fine folks seem to universally care about taking care of their campgrounds, and will let you know if you can dump grey water. In my experience, it isn't ever permitted there. And never ever dump close to a lake or stream, use common sense.

All this is IMHO, because as Landrover points out,  the rules are every which way, if you can even find them in writing.....

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.