Long Trips/Stays

jo79RI

• Moderators

We routinely go out for 4 to 6 week trips.  We don’t feel cramped.  The only time we wish we had more space is during inclement weather.  We try to spend most of our time outside.  A Clam or other screen room is a good addition so you can spread out a little.  We’ve spent several days inside during extremely cold weather or very wet weather and did fine.

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

This is a very difficult question to answer.  Your personal space requirements may be different than others. I went from a larger Rv and welcomed  the downsizing of the Oliver.  You need a place to sleep eat and a place  to clean up wash shower.  Some that have larger Rvs  may not like the smaller space. Smaller Rvers and people that used tents love and welcome the size of the Oliver,  best bet take the tour of the Oliver plant and visit one in person to get your own feel of it.  I think you’ll like it. Good luck

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• Moderators

Jo, from some of your other comments on other threads, I'm guessing you boaters.

We are , too. And, weve camped in tents, vans, and a variety of motorhomes.

The Oliver ( and we have the little one), is both big and small enough for everything we want to do on two week to three month trips. Cozy and warm on crummy weather days, it lives really big on the outside. Inside, we have everything we need, in a compact floorplan.  

It's been a great 12 years traveling with our Ollie in the US and Canada.. Looking forward to the next 12.

I would say, if you plan to camp in buggy areas for extended periods, a good quick deploy screen room would be nice. 

Sherry 

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.