DC power to furnace

Nan

A used unit? Could be it blew and somebody replaced it with what they had?

Several of the fuses in my unit are different than the label on the door says they should be. Just haven't taken the time to go through the manuals and see what they should be. Guess as long as everything is working we would leave it alone. It is on our "To Do" list...

How do you know it should be 7.5 amp? If you found that in a manual, then change it. A fuse kit at an auto parts store should have an assortment of fuses for your tool kit, or just the fuses you might need. If you don't have one get a kit with a fuse puller in it. Just makes life a little easier when laying on the floor with a small flashlight in your teeth. Good luck.

• Like 1

7.5 amp is maybe a little harder to find in a store.... I personally would not bother changing it, unless you already have a 7.5. The 10 will blow just as fast if there is a short circuit in the wire or furnace, which is its only purpose.

Having a “too small” fuse would possibly be bad, since it could pop during normal operation. As an example, the factory was putting 1 amp fuses in the Natures Head toilet circuit (for the fan) and these would blow after a while. The NH factory specifies a 2.5 which does not pop. But it is hard to find, so I use a 3...

John Davies 

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

2 minutes ago, John E Davies said:

7.5 amp is maybe a little harder to find in a store.... I personally would not bother changing it, unless you already have a 7.5. The 10 will blow just as fast if there is a short circuit in the wire or furnace, which is its only purpose. Having a “too small” fuse would possibly be bad, since it could pop during normal operation.

John Davies 

Spokane WA

I agree, a 10 amp fuse is way easier to find in convenient bulk kits, and will blow just about as safely as the 7.5 amp fuse.  I would not worry to much about that difference. 

• Like 1